Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,136 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 627,586
Pageviews Today: 1,090,596Threads Today: 454Posts Today: 7,643
01:13 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Simple Question: if you do not believe in God, why don't you?

~Newton's Own~

User ID: 68697376
United States
06/08/2019 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Simple Question: if you do not believe in God, why don't you?

As do I.

As I said earlier, as an engineer His existence to me is incontrovertible.
 Quoting: ~Newton's Own~

Then as an engineer you appreciate order. Explain the creation contradictions in gen 1 and 2. We will move forward from that.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77315642

Name them.

Show me what your talking about.

Do not act coy. Simply juxtapose the two iterations of the creative days and post.

I'm not acting coy, I've heard this argument many times.

The discrepancy is is the interpretation of which there are many on both sides.

Are you actually learned or are you trolling?

It makes a difference.
A coward dies a thousand times, but the valiant need taste of death but once.

Fear cuts deeper than swords.

#Notmypresident.
Silver bird
User ID: 75436794
United States
06/08/2019 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
For all you non believers, guess what you will meet him one day. Do you notice all these people with Nde 90% see love and bright lights and glimpse of heaven, this is no coincidence.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 77027273
United States
06/08/2019 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who is the better person, those that walk away from the stress of dealing with the dying of a loved one or those that carry the burden of dealing with all the problems involved with death?

Sadly when you get to the nuts and bolts of it all in the end without God it is almost unbearable...
 Quoting: Masiro®

Or perhaps the one who isn't afraid of death at all. That realize death gives this life meaning. That mortality is a great great gift.

I don't find many religious that aren't afraid of death. In fact, that was one of the greatest signs that woke me up....seeing multiple priests terrified when confronted with their own mortality.

Why should there be a burden at all? Kind of sound like you are creating your own prison through false beliefs.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 71594995

I have faced death more times than I want to talk about but God stopped me from killing myself only once.

with a simple sunrise...

So you attributed a simple occurrence of this reality into the divine. You see what you want to see.

What about those that are righteous and just, without believing in a supreme deity? What about those that treat others with kindness and respect, simply because those acts make this reality better for everyone?

What if one walks the path of nobility and honor but believes knowledge of what comes next isn't allowed. That if that knowledge were known, it would ruin this reality.

What if you could see the light in their eyes and their love of life? Would you lock arms with such an individual and call them brother?

How can anyone be righteous and just without some sort of morality to anchor themselves into?

Man's morality is little better than dog eat dog..
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77640366
Germany
06/08/2019 04:22 PM
Report Abusive Post
For all you non believers, guess what you will meet him one day. Do you notice all these people with Nde 90% see love and bright lights and glimpse of heaven, this is no coincidence.
 Quoting: Silver bird 75436794

God is so wonderful, he let little children get cancer.
SyncAsFunk

User ID: 77710896
United States
06/08/2019 04:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
:270:

Ah that crafty 'ol god of Abraham.

What a master poker player he must be.

;)

lol
 Quoting: SyncAsFunk

You do realize don't you that islam is almost the polar opposite of almost any other religion on the planet.

No other religion has killed more, enslaved more, raped more, tortured more, or destroyed more than islam has.

I'd question those statistics, but it looks like the other two sects are on a record pace to even up (or even exceed!) that death count.

Abrahammadans will Abrahammedan on.

God's speed and Enjoy the Bloody Ride.

afro
Some Will. Some won't. So.......
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
06/08/2019 04:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
:270:

Ah that crafty 'ol god of Abraham.

What a master poker player he must be.

;)

lol

You do realize don't you that islam is almost the polar opposite of almost any other religion on the planet.

No other religion has killed more, enslaved more, raped more, tortured more, or destroyed more than islam has.

I'd question those statistics, but it looks like the other two sects are on a record pace to even up (or even exceed!) that death count.

Abrahammadans will Abrahammedan on.

God's speed and Enjoy the Bloody Ride.

afro

Then do the research for yourself and get back to me...

I spent 40 years researching this...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77315642
Canada
06/08/2019 04:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Religion is based on ideology, time, geography, ethnicity. Nothing more. I'm sure the Hindus and muslims all think they are correct and follow the true god.

Religion changes and morphs, christianity is no different. It rules with iron st first, then rewards through duplicity afterwards...

Everyone thinks they have had a God epiphany, you haven't. You simply are a construct of your environment.

Ask yourself, in war torn countries where women and children are brutally murdered and raped, they called out to God, yet he never responded.

Yet you arrogant assholes have the nerve to say that God has spoken to you, or assisted you somehow in your lifes journey? When you face no other external threat other than mental demons or some other bullshit, yet genuine people who suffer everyday through no fault of their own somehow are not western enough to bend the ear of God?

Fucking hypocrites.
Wurzel

User ID: 68410669
United Kingdom
06/08/2019 04:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't believe in God because I have no reason to. There is no evidence to suggest that such a being exists.

I also don't believe in the Hindu pantheon, for exactly the same reason.

Ditto for every other proposed deity that claims to be the only True way to see the world. There isn't any reason to believe it, unless you choose to have faith in it. I don't.

The universe is a wondrous place that I want to explore and understand; the frameworks of physics, biology and everything else are utterly fascinating, and the world of the mind is equally intriguing (if more ambiguous). Simply Choosing one deity or another to believe in, as if that creation story explains it all, is just avoiding the most interesting questions... and is basically a cop-out. As well as completely pointless, because the odds are stacked heavily against it being right.
 Quoting: Wurzel

Simple Question: what reason would be enough for you to believe in God? a

Are you waiting for him to appear?

I suppose an actual manifestation might do it, in the same way that meeting a kelpie would convince me that they existed as well. It would have to be something unambiguous, though, because otherwise, even if there was some demonstration of immense otherworldly power, how would one would which suggested deity (if any) was responsible?

No, I'm not waiting. Why would I be? I assume that you don't believe in Zeus, so are you waiting for him to turn up as well? Your beliefs don't bother me, and your particular choice of deity has no interest for me. I know some people think their beliefs should be important for other people who don't share them, but I'm afraid it's just not true.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 69153735
United States
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Silver bird 75436794

Death hormones released by the brian!
Anonymous Coward
Canada
Report Abusive Post

Then as an engineer you appreciate order. Explain the creation contradictions in gen 1 and 2. We will move forward from that.

Name them.

Show me what your talking about.

Do not act coy. Simply juxtapose the two iterations of the creative days and post.

I'm not acting coy, I've heard this argument many times.

The discrepancy is is the interpretation of which there are many on both sides.

Are you actually learned or are you trolling?

It makes a difference.

No it does not depend on interpretation. Get yourself an interlinear and juxtapose the blatant contradictions. It is that simple.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 71594995
United States
06/08/2019 04:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

Or perhaps the one who isn't afraid of death at all. That realize death gives this life meaning. That mortality is a great great gift.

I don't find many religious that aren't afraid of death. In fact, that was one of the greatest signs that woke me up....seeing multiple priests terrified when confronted with their own mortality.

Why should there be a burden at all? Kind of sound like you are creating your own prison through false beliefs.

I have faced death more times than I want to talk about but God stopped me from killing myself only once.

with a simple sunrise...

So you attributed a simple occurrence of this reality into the divine. You see what you want to see.

What about those that are righteous and just, without believing in a supreme deity? What about those that treat others with kindness and respect, simply because those acts make this reality better for everyone?

What if one walks the path of nobility and honor but believes knowledge of what comes next isn't allowed. That if that knowledge were known, it would ruin this reality.

What if you could see the light in their eyes and their love of life? Would you lock arms with such an individual and call them brother?

How can anyone be righteous and just without some sort of morality to anchor themselves into?

There is a simple path to this reality. It is embedded into the soul. It is always a personal choice whether to follow the path or not.

Why would you think otherwise?

I kind of feel sad for you to think we are animals without external influence guiding us heathens.

That is one of my main problems with the religious.

Most religious don't really care if you behave with nobility and honor, but that you believe in what they do.

In fact, there is a lot of anger from the religious in the belief a heathen like me could attain the spiritual world simply by being honest and just.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
06/08/2019 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
I don't believe in God because I have no reason to. There is no evidence to suggest that such a being exists.

Ditto for every other proposed deity that claims to be the only True way to see the world. There isn't any reason to believe it, unless you choose to have faith in it. I don't.

The universe is a wondrous place that I want to explore and understand; the frameworks of physics, biology and everything else are utterly fascinating, and the world of the mind is equally intriguing (if more ambiguous). Simply Choosing one deity or another to believe in, as if that creation story explains it all, is just avoiding the most interesting questions... and is basically a cop-out. As well as completely pointless, because the odds are stacked heavily against it being right.

I suppose an actual manifestation might do it, in the same way that meeting a kelpie would convince me that they existed as well. It would have to be something unambiguous, though, because otherwise, even if there was some demonstration of immense otherworldly power, how would one would which suggested deity (if any) was responsible?

No, I'm not waiting. Why would I be? I assume that you don't believe in Zeus, so are you waiting for him to turn up as well? Your beliefs don't bother me, and your particular choice of deity has no interest for me. I know some people think their beliefs should be important for other people who don't share them, but I'm afraid it's just not true.

Truth be told I feel sad for you, not because you don't believe in God but because you are willing to say anything to buttress your beliefs against God...

All reading this thread should note that at no time did I ever resort to quoting the bible in anything I have said

I didn't feel the need to...
Anonymous Coward
Canada
06/08/2019 04:36 PM
Report Abusive Post

Truth be told I feel sad for you, not because you don't believe in God but because you are willing to say anything to buttress your beliefs against God...

All reading this thread should note that at no time did I ever resort to quoting the bible in anything I have said

No he obviously thinks critically. You on the other hand vacillate to unfounded beliefs. He actually feels sorry for YOU...

Free yourselves. Religion is a man made manifestation for control under the guise of a god.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
06/08/2019 04:38 PM
Report Abusive Post

with a simple sunrise...

There is a simple path to this reality. It is embedded into the soul. It is always a personal choice whether to follow the path or not.

I kind of feel sad for you to think we are animals without external influence guiding us heathens.

Most religious don't really care if you behave with nobility and honor, but that you believe in what they do.

In fact, there is a lot of anger from the religious in the belief a heathen like me could attain the spiritual world simply by being honest and just.

Tell the truth: how many of us would kill without God in our lives to tell us it is wrong?

The thing that I hate about atheism is the belief that without God in our lives we will be the same as if he is in our lives when history is proof that we won't...
TlvmmCpoft

User ID: 77347043
Poland
06/08/2019 04:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Tell the truth: how many of us would kill without God in our lives to tell us it is wrong?

The thing that I hate about atheism is the belief that without God in our lives we will be the same as if he is in our lives when history is proof that we won't...

Many people require that to behave.

Not all of us. For some, control and kindness come from within.

I don't believe in a god. Haven't killed anyone yet.
I don't know what lies they told you, but I can promise they were lies.

There's a fine line between training, trauma, and torture.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
06/08/2019 04:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

No he obviously thinks critically. You on the other hand vacillate to unfounded beliefs. He actually feels sorry for YOU...

Free yourselves. Religion is a man made manifestation for control under the guise of a god.

Religion has always been a means to better man (except for Islam)

I'm not going to argue that BUT...

It is the influence of God that guides us...
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
06/08/2019 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: TlvmmCpoft

yet...
Wurzel

User ID: 68410669
United Kingdom
06/08/2019 04:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

There's really no need to feel sad for me; I'm perfectly happy, and I get to explore the world without blinkers on. It's you that I feel sad for, because you're so closed off to all the possibilities.

You've also completely missed my point, which is that I don't have any belief against God, any more than you have beliefs against the Corrymadgeon. Your ideas of God, whether you're a Biblical literalist or whatever, are just not relevant to me. In short, I'm not constrained by that hypothesis.

Assuming that I'm lying is just rude. And wrong. I'm simply answering your question as honestly as I can.
Anonymous Coward
Canada
06/08/2019 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Take some classes on the evolution of society and the need for rules and laws to ensure cohesion.

Murder is NOT a construct of God, it is the foundation of all societies for growth. Man made laws are required to usurpe individual freedoms to the benefit of the whole.

They are common sense regulations that are neither Divine nor special.
TlvmmCpoft

Poland
06/08/2019 04:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: TlvmmCpoft

yet...

It's been a long life and I've had plenty of reasons to.

Like I said, society as a whole requires god.

I think religion is vital.

But not every single person on earth needs a god in order to behave like a civilized person.

Anonymous Coward
Canada
06/08/2019 04:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

Religion has always been a means to better man (except for Islam)

I'm not going to argue that BUT...

It is the influence of God that guides us...

Holy fucking shit! Did I just read that???

Religion set man back 1000 years, and you can thank christianity for that. All religions hinder. They rule the ignorant and dominate the mentally weak and illiterate.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 71594995
United States
06/08/2019 04:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well at least you are being honest. This is really the heart of the issue isn't it?

You are unwilling to call me brother and treat me as you would one of your own, simply because I don't believe the same as you do.

That has caused a massive amount of deaths throughout history. The anger that someone doesn't believe as you do. Nothing to do with if the other person is kind, noble and just. Nothing to do with the other person trying to make this reality peaceful for everyone. But how a person believes. Always words over actions.

That is why I thing religions world wide corrupt the human soul.

If you knew me, locked arm with me and called me brother you would feel my spirit, my soul and rejoice in everything this reality is. Yet you reject me not because of my actions and how I treat others, but because I don't believe as you do.

Do you have enough of an open mind to even ponder over that?

We could change this world for the better. WE US YOU AND I. Not a superhero. Not an idol. Not an invisible being saving us from ourselves.

We could change this world for the better. But you aren't going to allow that to happen, are you?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77179859
United States
06/08/2019 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Simply put, but a very convincing theory for those who may be split. Pascal's wager, google it
Anonymous Coward
Canada
06/08/2019 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well at least you are being honest. This is really the heart of the issue isn't it?

You are unwilling to call me brother and treat me as you would one of your own, simply because I don't believe the same as you do.

That has caused a massive amount of deaths throughout history. The anger that someone doesn't believe as you do. Nothing to do with if the other person is kind, noble and just. Nothing to do with the other person trying to make this reality peaceful for everyone. But how a person believes. Always words over actions.

That is why I thing religions world wide corrupt the human soul.

If you knew me, locked arm with me and called me brother you would feel my spirit, my soul and rejoice in everything this reality is. Yet you reject me not because of my actions and how I treat others, but because I don't believe as you do.

Do you have enough of an open mind to even ponder over that?

We could change this world for the better. WE US YOU AND I. Not a superhero. Not an idol. Not an invisible being saving us from ourselves.

We could change this world for the better. But you aren't going to allow that to happen, are you?

Very well written. Funny how the non religious see the person, not the social identity tag.
The Searcher

User ID: 77637532
United Kingdom
06/08/2019 04:47 PM
Report Abusive Post

+++++++++++++++++++==================================

If you believe in God and accept that "God" made "Man" then you have to accept that your God made Man flawed and therefore it is not Man's fault but God's.

If your God is all powerful then why did he create a flawed life form or did he?

And let me ask you this Human; If you had not been indoctrinated from birth into a Religious belief system not of your choice would you think differently?

Ask yourself Human why do you allow Materialism, Politics and Religion to control you?

Right know on your Earth other Humanoids exist, they are on and above your Planet. There is a reason why they are here, it is the end of the current Epoch.

Do you think these higher Life Forms believe in "Gods"

Soon your Planet will go through a great Transformation, no "God" or Human hand can change/stop that process.

There is no "Hate" only your lack of understanding of what your Species is capable of because knowledge/wisdom has been hidden from you.

Last Edited by The Searcher on 06/08/2019 04:48 PM
The Earth created humans because it needed plastic
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
06/08/2019 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

There's really no need to feel sad for me; I'm perfectly happy, and I get to explore the world without blinkers on. It's you that I feel sad for, because you're so closed off to all the possibilities.

You've also completely missed my point, which is that I don't have any belief against God, any more than you have beliefs against the Corrymadgeon. Your ideas of God, whether you're a Biblical literalist or whatever, are just not relevant to me. In short, I'm not constrained by that hypothesis.

Assuming that I'm lying is just rude. And wrong. I'm simply answering your question as honestly as I can.

I don't have blinders on either, I started this thread to encourage discussion, you my friend find it discouraging because the mere thought of God questions your beliefs in the universe and your place in it.

Here's a simple test for you dare to take it if you dare...

Look up at a moonless night and see all the stars in the sky and say "no God made this incredible universe I see before me"

Then tell me who is lying to themselves...
gnostic9
User ID: 71056695
United States
06/08/2019 04:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Define "God" first.

Maybe I believe what you believe. Maybe I don't.

In Western culture, "God" is usually a reference to the Judeo-Christian god.

If that's the one you're referring to, I'd respond with a question:

Why would I randomly believe in that god over any other? The god of the Old Testament is not even remotely likable. The one in the New Testament is much better, but is presented as though he's the same as in the OT, which is just ridiculous.

FWIW, I don't believe in any god made up by men. Especially not asinine gods who allegedly appeared with regularity thousands of years ago, but for ridiculous reasons don't appear at all anymore, and haven't for a long time.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77416446
Germany
Report Abusive Post
Am not an atheist nor a believer. Am in the middle i say i don't know.

Am open to anything.
TlvmmCpoft

Poland
Report Abusive Post
Am not an atheist nor a believer. Am in the middle i say i don't know.

Am open to anything.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77416446

We used to call that agnostic.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77694733
United States
06/08/2019 04:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why believe in something that doesn't exist?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77694733

The hilarious thing is. You dont actually believe that. Your endowed with the creators spirit. He breathed life into you.

You are in denial, but rooted inside you is a connection to God. You know its in you, you feel his presence. Why deny what your know to be true?
 Quoting: KIT 76127092

You think you know what's in my head? Here's something actually in my head. Fuck you and your imaginary god.

GLP