Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 965 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 180,889
Pageviews Today: 301,634Threads Today: 94Posts Today: 1,896
03:58 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Does being non-religious mean people don't believe in intelligent design or don't believe in church?

DGN
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 76673672
United States
09/18/2019 01:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Does being non-religious mean people don't believe in intelligent design or don't believe in church?
“I have become all things to people of all sorts, so that I might by all possible means save some.”—1 COR. 9:22.

PREVIEW *

1. What change has occurred in some areas in recent decades?

FOR thousands of years, the majority of people in the world seemed to have some form of religious belief. But in recent decades a remarkable change has taken place. More and more people do not view themselves as religious. In fact, in some countries the majority of the population describe themselves as not being religious. *—Matt. 24:12.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25106814
United States
09/18/2019 01:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Does being non-religious mean people don't believe in intelligent design or don't believe in church?
I think it is because people are finally able to access the information and read the books that are purported to be "holy". Since we are able to access all this information and we are able to travel to experience other cultures like never before, we are no long bound to believe what is told to us as the truth.

I think that is why more westerners identify as spiritual because we all feel the connection to something more than us, but we no longer have to define it through the lens of the bible.
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 01:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Does being non-religious mean people don't believe in intelligent design or don't believe in church?
I think it is because people are finally able to access the information and read the books that are purported to be "holy". Since we are able to access all this information and we are able to travel to experience other cultures like never before, we are no long bound to believe what is told to us as the truth.

I think that is why more westerners identify as spiritual because we all feel the connection to something more than us, but we no longer have to define it through the lens of the bible.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25106814

Religious people interprate the bible to fit their comfort zone and declare themselves already saved on their own terms shrugging off divine judgement day. How do you define 'spiritual'?
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/18/2019 01:51 PM
Report Abusive Post

Religious people interprate the bible to fit their comfort zone and declare themselves already saved on their own terms shrugging off divine judgement day. How do you define 'spiritual'?
 Quoting: DGN

Experiencing God without the need to quote scripture or condemn someone to hell for believing differently from yourself.

The more you read the more you know!
Ralphyboy
User ID: 12774837
United States
09/18/2019 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was raised Roman Catholic. That said, I am "spiritual". I believe in God. But the bible is literally insane if you read it. And Christians cherry pick it. Then they demand money.

I dare anyone to read what the bible actually says. The whole bible. Then... Tell me your favorite parts and say honestly thats your religion.

Ill go first.

Fav part.... When God kills all of the first-born of a country because one man just wont listen to him.

Runner up. The other 600+ commandments everyone skips.

Go read that book and then tell me you think its ok.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 70851936
United States
09/18/2019 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
How do you love God dgn?

What actions or efforts does one do to love God?
Riff-Raff
DEFCON 4

User ID: 75189898
United States
09/18/2019 01:54 PM

Report Abusive Post
Speaking for myself only, it means I do not believe in a supernatural supreme being nor do I believe in the organized religions that worship them. However, it is not my right to tell those billions of people that they can't worship whatever or whomever they wish.
"Collapse is a process, not an event." - Unknown

"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2

"Risking my life for people I hate for reasons I don't understand." - Riff-Raff

Deputy Director - DEFCON Warning System
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I was raised Roman Catholic. That said, I am "spiritual". I believe in God. But the bible is literally insane if you read it. And Christians cherry pick it. Then they demand money.

I dare anyone to read what the bible actually says. The whole bible. Then... Tell me your favorite parts and say honestly thats your religion.

Ill go first.

Fav part.... When God kills all of the first-born of a country because one man just wont listen to him.

Runner up. The other 600+ commandments everyone skips.

Go read that book and then tell me you think its ok.
 Quoting: Ralphyboy 12774837

DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 01:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
How do you love God dgn?

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 70851936

There are many, this is Jesus' assignment to his disciples;
"Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19&Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” Mt28:19

Last Edited by DGN on 09/18/2019 01:59 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 76925858
United States
09/18/2019 02:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
God Did not Create RELIGION, Man Did!
God Did not Build One Single Church or Temple, Man Did!

Religion is a CREATION Of MAN and has very little to do
with the existence of an actual god deity.

You can Believe in a God Deity OP
And You can Do it with out any of that stuff you
mentioned which has almost nothing to do with an
actual god.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/18/2019 02:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
How do you love God dgn?

"Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19&Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” Mt28:19

"all the things I have commanded you"

Did he tell the rich young ruler to follow Gods 10 commandments to have eternal life?

In Matthew 19:17 Jesus said " And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Jesus said to enter into life we must keep the commandments of God.

The 10 commandments.
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 02:24 PM
Report Abusive Post

actual god.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 76925858

The popularity of man made religion was prophyisied and is in full commercial fulfillment today;

"I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his Kingdom: 2Preach the word; be at it urgently in favorable times and difficult times; reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all patience and art of teaching. 3For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories. 5You, though, keep your senses in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry." 2Ti4

Last Edited by DGN on 09/18/2019 04:51 PM
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 02:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
How do you love God dgn?

Did he tell the rich young ruler to follow Gods 10 commandments to have eternal life?

In Matthew 19:17 Jesus said " And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

The 10 commandments.

Right only the sabbath was eliminated when God's invitation was opened to the gentiles. The 600 Levitical rules expired with Jesus ransom sacrifice as did the priesthood and sacrifices for sins on the alter.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/18/2019 02:30 PM
Report Abusive Post

actual god.

Man popularity of made religion was prophyised and is in full commercial fulfillment today;

"I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his Kingdom: 2Preach the word; be at it urgently in favorable times and difficult times; reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all patience and art of teaching. 3For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled. 4They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories. 5You, though, keep your senses in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry." 2Ti4

That's been happening since the dawn of time. In fact you are doing that with your own books that you claim are from god. Have you ever read any of the other holy books? They are filled with just as much insight as yours.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/18/2019 02:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
How do you love God dgn?

The 10 commandments.

Right only the sabbath was eliminated when God's invitation was opened to the gentiles. The 600 Levitical rules expired with Jesus ransom sacrifice as did the priesthood and sacrifices for sins on the alter.

Ezekiel 18:20-23 disproves you. Duet 28-30 disproves you. You Jesus said to keep the law and didn't say that any were done away with. Cherry picking.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/18/2019 02:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
How do you love God dgn?

The 10 commandments.

The sabbath is in the 4th commandment.

When Paul spoke of "sabbaths" he was speaking of the feast days. As they were also called sabbaths.

He was not speaking of Gods 10 commandments.

Jesus said if you want eternal life, keep the commandments.

That includes the 4th.

Regardless of your tradition.

You need to love Jesus more then your elders, parents, friends etc.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/18/2019 02:34 PM
Report Abusive Post

The 10 commandments.

When Paul spoke of "sabbaths" he was speaking of the feast days. As they were also called sabbaths.

That includes the 4th.

Nope. You need to keep all the laws, not just the 10.
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 02:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

actual god.

Man popularity of made religion was prophyised and is in full commercial fulfillment today;

That's been happening since the dawn of time. In fact you are doing that with your own books that you claim are from god. Have you ever read any of the other holy books? They are filled with just as much insight as yours.

Those books are for you.
"and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." 2Ti3:15

Last Edited by DGN on 09/18/2019 02:35 PM
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/18/2019 02:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

actual god.

Those books are for you.
"and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." 2Ti3:15

I get that you find comfort in your faith, but you do realize that you would probably gain more from life by going beyond a set of contradictory books that you cherry pick right?
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 02:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

Those books are for you.

I get that you find comfort in your faith, but you do realize that you would probably gain more from life by going beyond a set of contradictory books that you cherry pick right?

Been there done that dead end.
"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him by his fine conduct demonstrate works performed with a mildness that comes from wisdom. 14;But if you have bitter jealousy and contentiousness in your hearts, do not be bragging and lying against the truth. 15This is not the wisdom that comes down from above; it is earthly, animalistic, demonic. 16 For wherever there are jealousy and contentiousness, there will also be disorder and every vile thing.
17But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical. 18Moreover, the fruit of righteousness is sown in peaceful conditions for those who are making peace." Ja3:13

Last Edited by DGN on 09/18/2019 02:43 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77992195
United States
09/18/2019 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
I course I believe in church. Take a drive around town and I can see many churches, they are very real.

Now an invisible being living in the sky micro-managing all the lives of those who believe in said being, that's another story.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/18/2019 02:44 PM
Report Abusive Post

Those books are for you.

Been there done that dead end.
"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him by his fine conduct demonstrate works performed with a mildness that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you have bitter jealousy and contentiousness in your hearts, do not be bragging and lying against the truth. 15 This is not the wisdom that comes down from above; it is earthly, animalistic, demonic. 16 For wherever there are jealousy and contentiousness, there will also be disorder and every vile thing.
17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical. 18 Moreover, the fruit of righteousness is sown in peaceful conditions for those who are making peace." Ja3:13

Do tell what other paths you have walked that you became so discontented that you decided on Christianity that you cherry pick contradictory passages? And how you chose JW over ALL the other versions of Christianity.

Was it the promise of getting your own planet after death? That is the JW right?!
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 02:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
I course I believe in church. Take a drive around town and I can see many churches, they are very real.

Now an invisible being living in the sky micro-managing all the lives of those who believe in said being, that's another story.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77992195

Not micro managing but macro managing man to a self inflicted nuclear extinction level event.

"And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 10I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! 11And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. 12On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.” Rv12:7

Last Edited by DGN on 09/18/2019 02:48 PM
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
2. What might explain why so many people are not religious?

2 Why do a growing number of people consider themselves to be nonreligious? * Some may be distracted by pleasures or anxieties. (Luke 8:14) Some have become atheists. Others believe in God but think that religion is old-fashioned, irrelevant, and incompatible with science and logical thinking. They may hear friends, teachers, or media personalities say that life evolved, but they rarely hear logical reasons for believing in God. Others are repelled by clergy who are greedy for money and power. In some places, governments officially limit religious activity.
Anonymous Coward
United States
09/18/2019 03:30 PM
Report Abusive Post
2. What might explain why so many people are not religious?

2 Why do a growing number of people consider themselves to be nonreligious? * Some may be distracted by pleasures or anxieties. (Luke 8:14) Some have become atheists. Others believe in God but think that religion is old-fashioned, irrelevant, and incompatible with science and logical thinking. They may hear friends, teachers, or media personalities say that life evolved, but they rarely hear logical reasons for believing in God. Others are repelled by clergy who are greedy for money and power. In some places, governments officially limit religious activity.

Because they sat down and read the bible for themselves only to find all the terror and contradiction.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78014463
Australia
09/18/2019 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post

Experiencing God without the need to quote scripture or condemn someone to hell for believing differently from yourself.

Yeah thats right.

Every religion from the doomy volcano gods of the polenesians to the big million dollar mega churches share one thing in common.

A GOD OF ANFER AND TORTURE AND DOOM.

For example...lets list their advertising spiel...what they use to win converts.

Ill stick to the main ones.

Here goes...

Allah...."Serve ME or I burn you alive forever"

Born again God.."NO..serve ME or I burn you alive forever"

JW God.."NO..serve ME..OR I KILL YOU ALL" (Not into torture)

Mormon God.."Nah..SERVE ME..or you will end up in the telestial plane with other maggots like yourself forever"

Baptist God "Serve ME or I BURN YOU ALIVE"

Catholic God "NO..serve ME..or I will have you TORTURED in sadistic ways FOREVER..and even if you DO serve me you STILL have to get tortured in purgatory for a while..cause I LOVE to inflict AGONYYYYY"

Satan "Serve ME..or NOT...as I dont GIVE a shit"
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77913595
United States
09/18/2019 03:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
“I have become all things to people of all sorts, so that I might by all possible means save some.”—1 COR. 9:22.

PREVIEW *

1. What change has occurred in some areas in recent decades?

FOR thousands of years, the majority of people in the world seemed to have some form of religious belief. But in recent decades a remarkable change has taken place. More and more people do not view themselves as religious. In fact, in some countries the majority of the population describe themselves as not being religious. *—Matt. 24:12.

No it just means we're not fooled by myths like you are.
The universe is not designed for humans.

This is the truth you ignore all the time.
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 04:48 PM
Report Abusive Post

Yeah thats right.

Every religion from the doomy volcano gods of the polenesians to the big million dollar mega churches share one thing in common.

A GOD OF ANFER AND TORTURE AND DOOM.

For example...lets list their advertising spiel...what they use to win converts.

Ill stick to the main ones.

Here goes...

Allah...."Serve ME or I burn you alive forever"

Born again God.."NO..serve ME or I burn you alive forever"

JW God.."NO..serve ME..OR I KILL YOU ALL" (Not into torture)

Mormon God.."Nah..SERVE ME..or you will end up in the telestial plane with other maggots like yourself forever"

Baptist God "Serve ME or I BURN YOU ALIVE"

Catholic God "NO..serve ME..or I will have you TORTURED in sadistic ways FOREVER..and even if you DO serve me you STILL have to get tortured in purgatory for a while..cause I LOVE to inflict AGONYYYYY"

Satan "Serve ME..or NOT...as I dont GIVE a shit"
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 78014463

Jehovah:
"I also said in my heart about the sons of men that the true God will test them and show them that they are like animals, 19 for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust. 21 Who really knows whether the spirit of humans ascends upward, and whether the spirit of animals descends down to the earth? 22 And I saw that there is nothing better than for a man to find enjoyment in his work, because that is his reward; for who can enable him to see what will happen after he is gone?
Ecc3:18
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 04:52 PM
Report Abusive Post

The 10 commandments.

That includes the 4th.

Do you stone law breakers?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77263193
United States
09/18/2019 05:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

That includes the 4th.

Course not, I'm not a J-w or a Christian so the laws of the god of the J-ws don't apply to me. Do you keep the eternal laws of your god that are perfect, eternal, and to be kept by each person?
DGN  (OP)

United States
09/18/2019 06:40 PM
Report Abusive Post

That includes the 4th.

Course not, I'm not a J-w or a Christian so the laws of the god of the J-ws don't apply to me. Do you keep the eternal laws of your god that are perfect, eternal, and to be kept by each person?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77263193

As best I can.

GLP