Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,147 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 727,750
Pageviews Today: 1,282,008Threads Today: 548Posts Today: 9,331
03:05 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

"We suggest heading to South Florida over the next two weeks if you are a fan of above freezing temperatures"

beeches  (OP)

User ID: 77354011
United States
11/08/2019 09:14 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: "We suggest heading to South Florida over the next two weeks if you are a fan of above freezing temperatures"
more on the David Legates Climate saga:

[link to insideclimatenews.org (secure)]

The University of Delaware has declined a congressional request for documents related to the external funding of one of its professors—a known climate contrarian—saying it was an intrusion into academic freedom.

Legates is a professor of Climatology at the University of Delaware, and has co-authored several academic studies with Soon, including four of the papers for which Soon accepted funding from major utility company Southern Company. Soon reported the papers as "deliverables" without having disclosed his funding source.

Legates previously served as Delaware's state climatologist, a role he said he was fired from in 2011 after refusing to resign. Three years earlier he was asked by then-Gov. Ruth Ann Minner to stop using his official title while espousing climate denial.
Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face – Thomas Sowell
beeches  (OP)

United States
11/08/2019 09:16 AM

Report Abusive Post
Re: "We suggest heading to South Florida over the next two weeks if you are a fan of above freezing temperatures"
It's been seasonally cold here in Wyoming this week, but this weekend we will be in the 70s.
Smiley
More snow and cold coming the first part of next week.
chilly
 Quoting: Epic Beard Guy

may you have the winter you want in Wyoming!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 73870621
United States
11/08/2019 09:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Grand solar minimum

cattheend
beeches  (OP)

United States
11/08/2019 09:17 AM

Report Abusive Post
Grand solar minimum

cattheend
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 73870621

where's Icey? Glad you posted, need him too!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75540213
United States
11/08/2019 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
I miss the snow down here in Florida.
 Quoting: Truth Reaper

South Beach still has mounds. And of course the Tricky Big Guy just to the North.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77978737
United States
11/08/2019 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yea, come on down and get in the water that is tainted with bacteria from the red tide that kills off all the aquatic life...come on in ....water is fine!
But beware of the flesh eating bacteria that will rot you away
boo radley

User ID: 74353005
United States
11/08/2019 09:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
And lo, Fruit flies shall die, and great rejoicing........
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2019 09:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Yea, come on down and get in the water that is tainted with bacteria from the red tide that kills off all the aquatic life...come on in ....water is fine!
But beware of the flesh eating bacteria that will rot you away
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77978737

That is mostly on the West side, the East side still gets somewhat safe Atlantic Water. If you want to see "Pure Water" goto the Islands mon.
WaitTressSandwhich

User ID: 76356891
United States
11/08/2019 09:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
notice the warming-like rhetoric.

Instead of saying 'new cold records will be made'

they said, 'Check out how many record-high minimum temperatures are likely going to be set'
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 75758325

He's a weather geek....and a man made climate change denier!
From the author of Blade Runner:

“There will come a time when it isn't 'They're spying on me through my phone' anymore. Eventually, it will be 'My phone is spying on me'.”

Philip K. Dick
Penny Peppers

User ID: 45904129
United States
11/08/2019 09:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
trumpplow
 Quoting: Trained Noticer

Oh my gosh, love it!
There's never a dull moment here on planet earth, unless GLP ceased to exist...

Oh, and Biden can't dress himself....
beeches  (OP)

United States
11/08/2019 09:38 AM

Report Abusive Post
trumpplow
 Quoting: Trained Noticer

Oh my gosh, love it!
 Quoting: Penny Peppers

we all do !

Last Edited by beeches on 11/08/2019 09:39 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75708546
United States
Report Abusive Post
10 fucking degrees this morning, january weather. In the last week we've gotten 2 five inch snowstorms. 30 degrees lower than normal.
beeches  (OP)

United States

Report Abusive Post

they said, 'Check out how many record-high minimum temperatures are likely going to be set'

He's a weather geek....and a man made climate change denier!
 Quoting: WaitTressSandwhich

He is, along with Bill Maue, the one to listen to

beeches  (OP)

United States
11/08/2019 09:39 AM

Report Abusive Post
10 fucking degrees this morning, january weather. In the last week we've gotten 2 five inch snowstorms. 30 degrees lower than normal.
 Quoting: Annie Oakley

what area are you?
Penny Peppers

United States
11/08/2019 09:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
It's been seasonally cold here in Wyoming this week, but this weekend we will be in the 70s.
Smiley
More snow and cold coming the first part of next week.
chilly
 Quoting: Epic Beard Guy

Looking forward to those 70's in Colorado too! 5a

thetrickybigguy

User ID: 56638406
United States
11/08/2019 09:40 AM

Report Abusive Post

South Beach still has mounds. And of course the Tricky Big Guy just to the North.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 75540213

yep...

glad to be here this time of the year.

first cool off of the year is supposed to be here saturday.

low of 70..

shark
Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living. ~

Life is about choices, you get to make them each and every day of your life. ~

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.~

Only in America... do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poloi' in Greek meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.~

“When a government is dependent for money upon the bankers, they and not the government leaders control the nation. This is because the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Financiers are without patriotism and without decency.”

If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.

Winston Churchill
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78149794
11/08/2019 09:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

I know i had to translate that to understand it
Penny Peppers

United States
11/08/2019 09:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

I wish there WAS global warming. I'd take that over a mini ice age any day!

Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2019 09:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

yep...

low of 70..

shark
 Quoting: thetrickybigguy

Good morning, enjoy the day, Carpe_Diem. Don't forget to watch South_Florida_Corruption in January, it will be quite a show, seeing they all ready be pinging cell phones from Feb. 14th.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2019 09:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

Oh yeah.

We had no autumn. The leaves mostly didn't have time to color up before the cold came whipping in.

It's still technically autumn for a month and a half yet.

Meridional Jet Stream.

That'll keep the cold going longer into the spring unless it changes.

Thinking of moving south. I hateth the heat but it might be better than 8 months of winter.

I keep telling people we need to be burning more carbon, not less, to kick this can down the road until everybody is prepared for it. Can you imagine the looks I get? LOL
thetrickybigguy

United States
11/08/2019 10:01 AM

Report Abusive Post

yep...

low of 70..

shark
 Quoting: thetrickybigguy

Good morning, enjoy the day, Carpe_Diem. Don't forget to watch South_Florida_Corruption in January, it will be quite a show, seeing they all ready be pinging cell phones from Feb. 14th.

pinging cell phones from Feb. 14th?

what's that all about?

wtf

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.~

Only in America... do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poloi' in Greek meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.~

“When a government is dependent for money upon the bankers, they and not the government leaders control the nation. This is because the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Financiers are without patriotism and without decency.”

If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.

Winston Churchill
Penny Peppers

User ID: 76623282
United States
11/08/2019 10:04 AM
Report Abusive Post

Oh yeah.

We had no autumn. The leaves mostly didn't have time to color up before the cold came whipping in.

It's still technically autumn for a month and a half yet.

Meridional Jet Stream.

That'll keep the cold going longer into the spring unless it changes.

Thinking of moving south. I hateth the heat but it might be better than 8 months of winter.

I keep telling people we need to be burning more carbon, not less, to kick this can down the road until everybody is prepared for it. Can you imagine the looks I get? LOL

You probably get the same looks I get when I tell people trying to raise money for cancer research that "they don't want to cure cancer!" tounge

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75364480
United States
11/08/2019 10:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Sweatin' my ass off in FL!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4466048
United States
Report Abusive Post

Well, we're all getting an ice-age, mini or not. Very early in the season to have temps this cold.
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post
shark

pinging cell phones from Feb. 14th?

what's that all about?

wtf

It was a thread about it the other day. People were getting texts from Feb. 14th, the 45th day of the year. I believe the signals got crossed when they were digging; the grid for 5G is up, my Sable Palm is dieing on the side next to it. Did you get the Jaxsonville Alert the other day? What is up with the mum in camo and not co-operating?
thetrickybigguy

United States
11/08/2019 10:10 AM

Report Abusive Post
deleted

Last Edited by thetrickybigguy on 11/08/2019 10:11 AM

Winston Churchill
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78133261
United States
11/08/2019 10:10 AM
Report Abusive Post
Joe Bastardi on Twitter for much of the East Coast!

[link to twitter.com (secure)]

We suggest heading to South Florida over the next two weeks if you're a fan of above-freezing temperatures. Check out how many record-high minimum temperatures are likely going to be set over the coming week as the Eastern U.S. gets its first shot of arctic air.

posted about 17 hours ago. I can confirm winter is here. Am outdoors in the morning daily and it was the coldest morning of the year by far, judging by frozen fingers!
 Quoting: beeches

It's cold, and I see we will be getting a morning in the teens next week!

But, don't panic people! I remember taking my little ones trick or treating one Halloween and the temp was in the teens and wind chills at 0. Needless to say, we didn't stay out long. This was over 20 years ago. So, early freezing temps have happened before and have happened much earlier also!
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/08/2019 10:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78133261
United States
11/08/2019 10:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Lol you people talking bout the South being cold. Try living in the upper Midwest. Its already colder than it will be all winter in Georgia.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 76977012

That's why we don't live in upper Midwest. We know better than that.
CSnow

User ID: 74827762
United States
11/08/2019 10:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yea, I at first wasn't exactly sure what the guy was Tweeting about. Thought he was referring to above-average nighttime temperatures, such as 75 degrees at 11:00 pm.

Orwellian-1984 Newspeak.

Is Bastardi a liberal/leftist/progressive? Is he an idiot?

GLP