Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,260 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 302,351
Pageviews Today: 483,086Threads Today: 160Posts Today: 2,841
06:19 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

WALKAWAY: Another Republican congressman has announced his retirement and will not run in 2020

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78103944
Italy
12/05/2019 09:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
WALKAWAY: Another Republican congressman has announced his retirement and will not run in 2020
Rep. Tom Graves announced Thursday he will not seek reelection in 2020, joining the growing ranks of House Republicans heading for the exits in the current election cycle.

Citing “a new season in life,” Graves said he will join his family members “in their new and unique journeys” as his wife nears retirement and his three children enter adulthood.

The 49-year-old Georgian will have served in Congress for more than a decade once he finishes his current term and becomes the 21st House Republican so far to announce intentions to depart this Congress, in contrast to nine House Democrats.

In the House, Graves has established himself as a fiscal hawk in favor of cost-cutting measures aimed at driving down the debt and deficit.

“I have trouble seeing how he lines up with the great tradition of Lincoln and Reagan, and I'm concerned that many of his statements run afoul of the Constitution, my values and my beliefs,” Graves said in a letter to his supporters.

“Then there's a simpler test: would I be comfortable if my three children acted like Trump? Certainly not.”
diverdan01

User ID: 39516942
United States
12/05/2019 09:03 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: WALKAWAY: Another Republican congressman has announced his retirement and will not run in 2020
probably chose to spend the next year or so fucking your mom...just sayin..shill
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29461753
United Kingdom
12/05/2019 09:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: WALKAWAY: Another Republican congressman has announced his retirement and will not run in 2020
> 10% of House Republicans have announced they will not be running again in 2020.

Perfectly normal.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78227800
Australia
12/05/2019 09:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
In all, 19 GOP House members and four senators are forgoing reelection next year without declaring their candidacy for another office, while just seven Democrats in the House and one in the Senate are retiring outright. The trend mirrors 2018, when more than two dozen Republicans retired ahead of the midterms, foreshadowing the blue wave that swept in a Democratic majority.

GLP