Plants 'scream' when stressed out, study finds Now vegans got nothing to eat

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 76735334
United States
12/08/2019 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Plants 'scream' when stressed out, study finds Now vegans got nothing to eat
In times of intense stress, people sometimes let out their angst with a squeal ⁠— and a new study suggests that plants might do the same.

Unlike human screams, however, plant sounds are too high-frequency for us to hear them, according to the research, which was posted Dec. 2 on the bioRxiv database. But when researchers from Tel Aviv University in Israel placed microphones near stressed tomato and tobacco plants, the instruments picked up the crops' ultrasonic squeals from about 4 inches (10 centimeters) away. The noises fell within a range of 20 to 100 kilohertz, a volume that could feasibly "be detected by some organisms from up to several meters away," the authors noted. (The paper has not been peer reviewed yet.)

[link to www.livescience.com (secure)]

If confirmed fully what a vegan gonna eat? Breast milk?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 44119413
Australia
12/08/2019 03:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Plants 'scream' when stressed out, study finds Now vegans got nothing to eat
Vegans are just cruel heartless plant murderers.

Unlike meat eaters vegans consume their prey ALIVE AND SCREAMING.

Sick evil fucks.
Ninbit

User ID: 76723511
United States
12/08/2019 03:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Plants 'scream' when stressed out, study finds Now vegans got nothing to eat

Ninbit
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77315416
United States
12/08/2019 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Now vegans got nothing to eat

one word: Plastics! :5a:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77315416
United States
12/08/2019 04:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
5a5a5a
Rorschach Watchmen

User ID: 76520546
United States
12/08/2019 04:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I honestly will never understand the back and forth between vegans and meat eaters.

Why do people give one iota of their time and energy to worrying about what others eat or how they eat?

Each one of them just pour out vehement hate for each other because of what the other decided to eat.
“When you’re dead you’re dead, but you’re not quite so dead if you contribute something”

-John Dunsworth
Anonymous Coward (OP)
User ID: 76735334
United States
12/08/2019 04:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
Vegans are just cruel heartless plant murderers.

Unlike meat eaters vegans consume their prey ALIVE AND SCREAMING.

Sick evil fucks.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 44119413

DO you remember?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21648329
United States
12/08/2019 04:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Fruits and veggies have seeds inside intended to be eaten and expelled through waste automatically fertilized.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78230975
United States
12/08/2019 04:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Here is a recording of a Plant screaming.
[link to m.youtube.com (secure)]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21648329
United States
12/08/2019 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah! So locking up baby calves in crates for veal is fine!

pick
Anonymous Coward
Australia
12/08/2019 04:15 PM
Report Abusive Post
I honestly will never understand the back and forth between vegans and meat eaters.

Why do people give one iota of their time and energy to worrying about what others eat or how they eat?

Each one of them just pour out vehement hate for each other because of what the other decided to eat.
 Quoting: Rorschach Watchmen

The vegans pour out their self righteous smuggery on anyone who does not beleive as they do like a pack of constipated rapture tards.

The meat eaters simply respons to their never ending self rightous SHIT as anyone would.

Never once met a heatlth or sane vegan...and they always rub their religion in your face and look down on you for doing what mankind has done since the days of caves...eating meat.
.vegans can go FUCK THEMSELVES and if one of them ever gets in my face again with their endless whininv and bullshit...ill break their fucking JAW.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78087053
United States
12/08/2019 04:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Vegans= people hiding behind a eating disorder and depression.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 46669349
United States
12/08/2019 04:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
they will be ok with lab produced foods.
Rorschach Watchmen

United States
12/08/2019 04:21 PM
Report Abusive Post

The vegans pour out their self righteous smuggery on anyone who does not beleive as they do like a pack of constipated rapture tards.

The meat eaters simply respons to their never ending self rightous SHIT as anyone would.

Never once met a heatlth or sane vegan...and they always rub their religion in your face and look down on you for doing what mankind has done since the days of caves...eating meat.
.vegans can go FUCK THEMSELVES and if one of them ever gets in my face again with their endless whininv and bullshit...ill break their fucking JAW.

Case in point,

You’re just using the chicken or the egg argument to validate your reasons. You don’t seem reasonable at all.

You would break a persons jaw over a debate on dietary choices?

How many vegans have you met that “rubbed their religion in your face”?

Last Edited by H. Rorschach on 12/08/2019 04:21 PM
“When you’re dead you’re dead, but you’re not quite so dead if you contribute something”

-John Dunsworth
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78177302
Australia
12/08/2019 04:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

only whiney teenagers living in mom's basement talk like this

- REAL men don't brag or make threats - especially over the opinions of a pathetic vegan
Rorschach Watchmen

United States
12/08/2019 04:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

- REAL men don't brag or make threats - especially over the opinions of a pathetic vegan
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 78177302

Take a note from this MAN ac, he has it all figured out.

-John Dunsworth
Anonymous Coward
Australia
12/08/2019 04:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thats because YOU dont live right next door to one that NEVER fucking shuts up about it.

The more he bitches and complains about MY eating habits...the more BBQ I do when the wind blows his way.

I never complain about his eating...but he is always going off at me for mine.

Btw...he is scrawny...animic...and has just been sent to hospital as he started havinv pjlemtic siezures cause by LACK OF IRON and low vit b.

He will not survive.

Even though he annoys the fuck out of me with his endless sermons on vege eating...i took some things of his to the hospital being a good neighbour..

And fuck...he is an absolute wreck now...trmbling...shaking..can hardly talk.

Been a vegan for 10 years.

And now he is reaping the rewards for it.
Rorschach Watchmen

United States
12/08/2019 05:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Thats because YOU dont live right next door to one that NEVER fucking shuts up about it.

The more he bitches and complains about MY eating habits...the more BBQ I do when the wind blows his way.

I never complain about his eating...but he is always going off at me for mine.

Btw...he is scrawny...animic...and has just been sent to hospital as he started havinv pjlemtic siezures cause by LACK OF IRON and low vit b.

He will not survive.

Even though he annoys the fuck out of me with his endless sermons on vege eating...i took some things of his to the hospital being a good neighbour..

And fuck...he is an absolute wreck now...trmbling...shaking..can hardly talk.

Been a vegan for 10 years.

And now he is reaping the rewards for it.

But I bet he can spell anemic correctly.

Oh the irony

-John Dunsworth
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 73112757
United States
12/08/2019 05:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Yeah! So locking up baby calves in crates for veal is fine!

pick
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21648329

I dont eat veal and never will but I love barbecued beef brisket. Veal is not very humane but a free ranging cow that lives a good short life is not a problem for me. The mass slaughter also is not very humane and stresses the animals that is why I only eat local free range beef that has a much less stressful slaughter process.

GLP