Offer Upgrade

User ID: 72733592
United States
05/05/2020 09:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Need Urban Survivalist Advice
Good morning everyone! Quick post here:

Need advice on how to best protect my home and family while living in a bad neighborhood, in a house with TONS of big glass windows, on a busy residential intersection.

I don't have a gun anymore (my sons friend took it to clean and never gave it back) and I can't legally buy one now thanks to getting a MM card.

I have a decent size stock of food but I have 7 people to take care of (all crammed into a 3 bedroom house :)).

Thought about buying enough plywood, cut to size, to cover downstairs windows but it would take up more room in my garage than I have.

Thought about getting co2 pellet gun, but I know jack and shit about what to get.

Have a big barky dog who is otherwise useless, a machete, ax and massive Mama bear complex ( I WILL kick an ass ).

Ideas? Advice? Thanks!
What we don't know, would fill a small universe. Hell, it would fill 50 large multiverses. Basically, we're idiots.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77793532
United States
05/05/2020 09:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Need Urban Survivalist Advice
Step one would be to track your son’s friend down (not hard to do in this age) and beating him with a tire iron until he gives you back your firearm. If you can’t do that, not much point to planning for anything else.
GalaxyGirl  (OP)

User ID: 72733592
United States
05/05/2020 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Step one would be to track your son’s friend down (not hard to do in this age) and beating him with a tire iron until he gives you back your firearm. If you can’t do that, not much point to planning for anything else.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77793532

Fair point. Don't think I'll have to resort to a tire iron, but I should definitely pester him some more at least. Don't think he's stealing it on purpose. He's just busy and the rifle was rusty AF. He keeps saying it's not done yet and I kinda believe him. Anyway,yeah, I should definitely get it back.
What we don't know, would fill a small universe. Hell, it would fill 50 large multiverses. Basically, we're idiots.
Zoinkaeon

User ID: 78843649
United States
05/05/2020 09:51 AM

Report Abusive Post
Get creative, think innovative, and improvise. There is strength in numbers, so at least you have that. Maybe look at less of acquiring a force multiplier, and more on talking with everybody in the household about what should be done concerning an event of tragic consequence, and give everyone a roll to play in the drama.
Ash Nazg Durbatulûk, Ash Nazg Gimbatul, Ash Nazg Thrakatulûk, Agh Burzum-ishi Krimpatul
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75708546
United States
05/05/2020 09:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bee spray - aim for the eyes

Rocks in a sock - aim for the head

Fire extinguisher - aim for the head or put out a fire if they try to burn you out
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78880899
Netherlands
05/05/2020 09:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bricks don't give it to you?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 78849489
United States
05/05/2020 09:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77793532

Fair point. Don't think I'll have to resort to a tire iron, but I should definitely pester him some more at least. Don't think he's stealing it on purpose. He's just busy and the rifle was rusty AF. He keeps saying it's not done yet and I kinda believe him. Anyway,yeah, I should definitely get it back.
 Quoting: GalaxyGirl

Get it back and learn to maintain it yourself. If he can do it you can too!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75472718
Canada
05/05/2020 10:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
move
Gelatinous Mass

User ID: 77522802
United States
05/05/2020 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Move.

If the neighborhood is bad now, it is only going to get
worse as the economy wobbles.

The ghouls will be some of the most highly impacted. They already see you,
in your honkey paradise house with big glass windows, as a target. As the
economy continues to falter, they will be coming.

The situation is even more dangerous if you have any white girls in the house.

Do the math: Honkey paradise house + white girls + food + no guns.

The ghouls are coming.

Move.

Last Edited by Gelatinous Mass on 05/05/2020 10:06 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 72494215
United States
05/05/2020 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wasp spray and molotov cocktail mixers.

GLP