Christian Healer Todd Bentley Files For Separation From Wife

Anonymous Lakeland Gal
User ID: 317795
United States
08/13/2008 09:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Christian Healer Todd Bentley Files For Separation From Wife
Front page of the "B" section of the Lakeland Ledger today, is that Christian televangelist and healer Todd Bentley has filed for seperation from his wife. Also, his local media liaison has stepped down as of Monday. She said sometimes "God uses flawed, fallen people."

True of us all, certainly, but does this cast doubt on what went on in Lakeland? Surely God didn't want his marriage to fail!
OneAngryMom

User ID: 300939
United States
08/13/2008 10:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Christian Healer Todd Bentley Files For Separation From Wife
LMAO

I'll bet (according to him)
"She just didn't understand me"!

whatever!

OR

maybe HE's being victimized by Satan just like Victoria Olsteen.....

ppaaalllllleeeeeeeeeessseeeeee.
Wingedlion
User ID: 484050
United States
08/13/2008 10:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, as Jesus said, you can tell a tree by the fruit it produces. Here's just another portion of Todd Bentley's "rotten fruit". It's too bad for his wife though.
FAR

User ID: 412806
United Kingdom
08/13/2008 10:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Divorce is forbidden according to Jesus for his followers... too bad for the wife they followed Paul.
Read - for thy sustainer is the most bountiful one, who has taught the use of the pen, taught man what he did not know!
Nay verily man becomes grossly overweening, whenever he believes himself to be self-sufficient: for behold unto thy sustainer all must return.

Quran 96:3-8

[link to www.islamicity.com]
"Investors must look at this situation as a portfolio opportunity. If you have some extra land (condo developers and house flippers, listen closely), grow a vegetable garden, if you are ambitious, raise some sheep and cows, they will come in handy".
Plasma aliens: [link to www.plasmametaphysics.com]
Anonymous Lakeland Gal (OP)
User ID: 317795
United States
08/13/2008 10:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's how I see it: you can be doing God's work in big ways and small ways. Neither is more important than the other, so an evangelist who inspires and heals thousands (through the power of the Holy Spirit) is no more or less doing God's work than someone who prays, does right by his or her family and acts in a Christian manner in all the little things.

But it is surely true that God does not want anything, including televised healings, to interfere with your holy relationship with your spouse.

So, put the ministry on hold and attend to your family. God can use someone else to reach the masses while you're busy repairing your marriage. That's how I see it.

If Bentley can't see that, then the ministry is more about "him" than "God."
FAR

User ID: 412806
United Kingdom
08/13/2008 10:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Here's how I see it: you can be doing God's work in big ways and small ways. Neither is more important than the other, so an evangelist who inspires and heals thousands (through the power of the Holy Spirit) is no more or less doing God's work than someone who prays, does right by his or her family and acts in a Christian manner in all the little things.

But it is surely true that God does not want anything, including televised healings, to interfere with your holy relationship with your spouse.

So, put the ministry on hold and attend to your family. God can use someone else to reach the masses while you're busy repairing your marriage. That's how I see it.

If Bentley can't see that, then the ministry is more about "him" than "God."
 Quoting: Anonymous Lakeland Gal 317795

Are Evangelists black magic workers?

Who is this "holy spirit", is it the devil?
Read - for thy sustainer is the most bountiful one, who has taught the use of the pen, taught man what he did not know!
Nay verily man becomes grossly overweening, whenever he believes himself to be self-sufficient: for behold unto thy sustainer all must return.

Quran 96:3-8

[link to www.islamicity.com]
"Investors must look at this situation as a portfolio opportunity. If you have some extra land (condo developers and house flippers, listen closely), grow a vegetable garden, if you are ambitious, raise some sheep and cows, they will come in handy".
Plasma aliens: [link to www.plasmametaphysics.com]
mercy
User ID: 442345
United States
08/13/2008 05:21 PM
Report Abusive Post
Wonder if Toddie is gettin too much attention from the groupies, his circus act isn't only drawing in deceived Christians who should know better but also the forces of darkness and of which he is the Lakeland poster boy..

His fame has consumed him and now he believes his own hype!

I'll be extremely surprised if there isn't another woman involved or perhaps it may be a man?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 473656
United Kingdom
08/14/2008 07:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Wonder if Toddie is gettin too much attention from the groupies, his circus act isn't only drawing in deceived Christians who should know better but also the forces of darkness and of which he is the Lakeland poster boy..

His fame has consumed him and now he believes his own hype!

I'll be extremely surprised if there isn't another woman involved or perhaps it may be a man?

Quoting: mercy 442345

Bentley will fall on his own sword, he has already cancelled his September dates for England due to his demonic doctrines exposure in the UK!

He regularly stated on stage in Lakeland that he wanted to fill the biggest stadiums in the UK but alas when he was exposed for the liar and fraud that he is, his plans suddenly went belly up!

Bentley is the brood of the Devil his father!!!
rb
User ID: 484621
United States
08/14/2008 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
thanks wingedlion for leading me away from bentley -- I'm out of the prophetic movement entirely and I haven't looked back, no regrets

I'm happily slowly stabilizing in my humble Bible church, getting marriage counseling with my wife from one of the pastors, and we're each in small groups for accountability

I'm on my 4th time through the Bible, praying like crazy -- and learning to stay steadfast through suffering.

the chastisement is painful but necessary considering my former state

love to you and I hope you don't mind if I feel bad for Todd and pray for him through what has to be a tough time
Diamond
User ID: 380667
United States
08/14/2008 09:29 AM
Report Abusive Post
He probably kicked her in the face.
suffi
User ID: 270770
United States
08/14/2008 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
this is not easy....to find true in all that ilusion, its onnly by traveling to inner worlds that you see how bad they are. black magic...evil can cure any problem just to get the final result ...end dimons can dress like monks ,prist,´popes or any body to get this done .....nothing new for many...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 258519
United States
08/14/2008 10:12 AM
Report Abusive Post
pray in the closet
GraftedPromise U$ofA
User ID: 484627
United States
08/14/2008 10:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Glad to see it as what is done in secret MUST come into the LIGHT!

Too many have been thinking they can fool YHVH ... and that no one will ever know what is really in their hearts.

Time for the CLEANSING!!!

Rejoicing that it is happening!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 411654
United States
08/14/2008 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Expose the works of darkness, Bentley and his crew are deliberately deceiving the people, it's not like he's a good guy, he's demonic, does it mention anywhere in the bible that we should pray for devils? Are we not told to stay away from such people?
Wingedlion
User ID: 484926
United States
08/14/2008 07:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
thanks wingedlion for leading me away from bentley -- I'm out of the prophetic movement entirely and I haven't looked back, no regrets

I'm happily slowly stabilizing in my humble Bible church, getting marriage counseling with my wife from one of the pastors, and we're each in small groups for accountability

I'm on my 4th time through the Bible, praying like crazy -- and learning to stay steadfast through suffering.

the chastisement is painful but necessary considering my former state

love to you and I hope you don't mind if I feel bad for Todd and pray for him through what has to be a tough time
 Quoting: rb 484621

It is never bad to have compassion for another human being. One of my main gifts is the gift of prophecy, and that tends to make me sound a little stern at times; but those who know me personally know that I am not like that. I am bold when moving in the spirit, but meek when dealing with people one on one. I am so glad that the Lord used my words to help get you on the right track. It's all Him, but FWIW I appreciate the compliment RB your a great man with a sweet spirit. May the Lord continue to bless you and give you of His strength to exercise wisdom in all things.

GLP