Users Online Now: 2,245 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 953,657
Pageviews Today: 1,590,532Threads Today: 643Posts Today: 11,433
03:57 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Was the wreck of the Deep Water Horizon Gulf rig Sabotage?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I dunno on this one...there are a whole lot of questions I have as to just how this could happen...

Maybe I have too much faith in machines and machine systems...Yes I know they can and do fail, but on this scale?....it's hard for me to fathom...

These rigs are built like warships...they withstand hurricanes and in just the general duty days these rigs withstand massive seas and all the worst possible conditions you can imagine in a totally corrosive environment doing volatile work and just shrug it off as business as usual, it's what they are built to do and handle.

So this rig which really is a massive ship and built like a floating tank with all the subsea gear that is designed to handle what it came up against just ALL fails at once?...on Earthday?....it's a cascade of a whole lot of tremendous pieces of gear all designed to take tremendous stress and do the brutal work that it takes to handle the job.

Even if you think BP cheaped out on some equipment there is no benefit from the machinery they deploy tanking and breaking down and cutting down production. This rig made money, there is no reason for BP wanting it to breakdown or fail, especially if you believe they are greedy fuckheads or whatever...they would WANT IT TO KEEP RUNNING....makes no sense to me that the owners or crew as a whole would have any motivation to cause this.

On one hand I can see how systems can fail, and that possibly BP ran it on the edge...and the edge cut them....

On the other?...ok a blowout can happen, but it's a rare event for sure, but the rig sinking too? It's a whole lot to go full out worst case failure all in the same place...and a whole lot of very high odds against it all happening...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP