Users Online Now: 1,364 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 248,091
Pageviews Today: 405,501Threads Today: 128Posts Today: 2,326
05:53 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject opinions wanted, about something that happened to me yesterday (psychic stuff maybe)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I normally don't ask about personal things on here, but I figured other people do, so what the Hell...

This has to do with my artwork.
I am/have been an artist all my life...been winning awards for it since I was in grade school...still today, if I compete in juried shows, I will win, 1 out of 3 that I enter.
Anyway, here the past couple of years, I haven't been real ambitious about others seeing my work, or even putting them up for sale.
After I was finished with the redesign of Industrial Nightmare in '07, my health hasn't really allowed me to be as productive, creatively as I normally am.
I worked too hard on that project, and it took me down physically...I lost 20#, had a hard time keeping 115#...just put in too many hours, let too much of me "flow out", too fast...left me physically drained and exhausted, so when winter came, I got sick...then problems with my son the past 2 years have kept my health a problem.
Since I haven't been feeling all that great, and there was a period of time I spent stuck on my ass ( torn Achille's Tendon), I found the only outlet for my creativity available ...started making really cool, knit and crochet, hats, scarves, hooded scarves....
Have taken some commisssions for custom clothing...

For the past year and a half, I've had countless people stop me when I'm out, wearing something I've made...want to know where I got it.
When they find out I made it...they keep telling me that I should be selling them!
Well, I thought about it, after it kept happening...had the thought that if I was going to sell them, I'd need labels for them, so they could be marked as my creation.
I looked around locally, had no luck...someone suggested I look at a piece I had, that had a label on it ( It was on a hand woven shawl I had bought at a yardsale, 15 years ago..:P)
I went and found it...didn't have a maker name for the label...so I thought "I'll try looking in the phone book, see if that lady is listed in there"
I found her the first number I dialed!
Awesome lady...was most helpful when I told her why I was calling.
She wanted to meet me, see some of my creations...offered to sell me the rest of her Mohair yarn, for an unbelievable $10 a pound ( it sells for $120 a pound!)
I went and saw her, bought some yarn...
She LOVED my work...said they were definatly "wearable art", and that I should have no problem getting top $ for them.
Then came something very, very strange...she suggested a certain Gallery here in town for me to go talk to about a Solo show.
I freaked out...the place she suggested was owned by our long time neighbor's daughter!

It kinda spooked me...the way things went down with her.

That happened last Spring....
Since then, I've just been here, creating, working with my photographer friend , creating a portfolio of the wearables..

I got the strangest call from my BFF yesterday.
She's probably the only real friend I have, and hang out with...
She said she had laid down for a nap yesterday, and had a dream about me, and wanted to tell me about it..
She said that Spirit came to her, and told her that she and I need to open up a lil shop...to sell my work, and some of hers too...
She said " You are a Creative Genius, and you are just hiding out there..people need to be able to see your work!"
She was getting ready to start searching around to see if she could find some place where we could get "grant money" for this...
She said with us both being women, and me having the Native blood, we very possibly could.

I wasn't ready for that yesterday....
It has me a bit rattled, and I'm not sure what to make of it.
I haven't really been focusing on selling my stuff, because I really don't need any money.
I'm not an extravogent person, and don't require a lot of it.
I have everything I need, and it seems if something unexpected pops up...the money to take care of it, also comes.

I'm not sure what to do... :(

I've had a successful business before....but the idea of starting another 1 has not been there.
I know the economy is awful...probably the worst time in History to think about opening up a retail shop...
But it seems that for some reason...people are supposed to see my work....
At least, that's the feeling I'm getting here.
It's like I was sent the message last Spring...and when I didn't pursue it...it has ben sent again...a year later.

What do you all think about this series of events?
Have any feelings about why this keeps coming to my door?
Do you think I should do as this last message seems to be saying I should do?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP