Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The chat with a crook on internet, he was trying to sell MY truck
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Someone on the internet stole the pictures of my son's truck that he was selling. They then placed ads with his pictures. A friend notified us that his truck was listed for way below what he was selling it for. We called the police and they at least got AutoTrader to take it down, they didn't even respond to us. Thru conversing with a dummy mailing address we found another ad. I am listing the entire email back and forth, we are on our own trying to stop this kind of behavior. Notice the english in the letter from the crook it is obvious they don't speak english as a first language.

----------------------------------------------------------------------​----------

To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 5:41:48 PM
Subject: Re: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck

Hi there,

I apologize for the delay but I was busy.The truck is still for sale. Thanks for being interested in buying my 1999 Dodge Ram 1500. It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well. It has an Engine: 5,9 MAGNUM V8 ,63,000 miles, clear title, a perfect truck. The price is not negotiable , $4,900.00 firm. The only thing because I am selling it, because I divorced with my husband and after the divorce I own this truck, now as a woman I don't need it...(I don't have driver's license)
I can provide vin # to check on your own. Also, I can send you the pictures and more details too. Just let me know if you are still interested.
I am looking for a quick sale so if you have have the funds available lets make this happen ASAP!

Thank you very much for your interest,
Carla Beasley

------here is the response we sent

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi Carla,

Thanks for your reply. If you don't mind I'd like to get the VIN # (just one of those things, you know?). Anything else you can provide like more pictures would be great! I'm looking to buy soon too so send me what you have and I'll get back with you ASAP. Where could I see the truck?

Steve

-----again from the crook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​------

Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:33:03 PM

Hi again,

The truck has 63,000 miles and is in excellent condition. It has been kept clean, never been smoked in, no bodywork or paintwork ever and there are no fluid leaks. Nothing needs replacing, everything works perfectly. The truck is registered in my name and there is no lien on the vehicle. I have the clean and clear title ready for transfer.
I had listed the truck in various locations with in auto trader but the truck is located in Dallas,TX.like i told we will use eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection, so we can both be protected and insured.If you want to buy it please email me your full name and address for shipping so I can initiate the transaction through eBay. After that they will contact you with all necessary information about this transaction(terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.)

Here are more pics... [link to www.use.com]

Thank you,
Carla Beasley

-------again our response ---

Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Excellent! I'm in Ft Worth Tuesday and Wednesday on business. Do you have an address I can put in the GPS to go by and take a look. Very anxious to see it. I'll have cash with me in case I want buy it and drive it home or have it shipped. Oh yes, the vin #?

Steve

-----------again from the crook---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​---------

Sent: Tue, May 18, 2010 5:55:12 AM

Hi Steve,

I'm a flight attendant at American Airlines and because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. Before leaving I had pre-arranged the deal with Ebay so my presence is not necessary. The truck is in their possession ready to be delivered. Ebay will handle this transaction for me. The truck is insured in case of damage and it takes 7 days to be delivered at your door. It will come with all the necessary paperwork (clear title, bill of sale, user's manual, insurance etc). You will receive all the original documents and keys with the truck. I signed all the paperwork and the clear title is ready to be transferred to the new owner.

The shipping is free i will take care of it and i will send the truck with all the papers ( vehicle registration, warranty papers,transfer papers etc ) i am just waiting your full name and address to complete the shipping papers and start the delivery process.

Best Regards,
Carla Beasley

-----again from our response

Sent: Tue, May 18, 2010 6:47 am

Carla,

Sounds like you've done this before so I trust your experience. So you need my name and address? Don't you want to get paid? You need a Credit Card or wire transfer or anything to hold it?

Steve

---------------again from the crook

Steve ,

The final price that I want for this truck is $4,900.00 including shipping and handling.The truck is located in Dallas, TX (i just moved here with my new job), like i told we will use eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection, so we can both be protected and insured. I just need your full name and full address so eBay can send you the invoice in which you`ll see how to make this transaction. The shipping is free i will take care of it and i will send the truck with all the papers ( vehicle registration, warranty papers,transfer papers etc ) i am just waiting your full name and address to complete the shipping papers and start the delivery process.

Regards,

Carla

--------our final response

Re: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Truck

Steve Caldwell <[email protected]>

Add to Contacts

To:
[email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------​--

Oh, one more thing.. the truck you have listed? Is MY TRUCK you stupid fuck. The FBI and IC3 have your IP and upload information. I had your ad taken down from autotrader. I had your pictures removed from use.com. From all of those people you tried to scam - FUCK YOU. You took pictures of MY TRUCK from another ad. How stupid are you? I am begging the FBI for your IP address so I can come say hello.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP