Users Online Now: 2,344 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 867,072
Pageviews Today: 1,145,805Threads Today: 279Posts Today: 4,313
09:36 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Backyard Poultry, the new trend?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was in the Veterinary supply place last week to pick up some Frontline for my 4 leggers.
They also sell animal feed there too.

I had the strangest experience...got the Frontline, paid for it...but it was like the owner wanted to talk, so I chit-chatted for a bit.
Then he looks at my friends that are with me ( LOL.. my big scary tattooed, pierced, on again/off again boyfriend), and he just blurts out " Do you raise chickens?'!
It was so off the wall!
Ricky does not look like a chicken farmer standing there in his Ramones T-shirt, and boots.. :P
I guess the guy could see my shock...because then he started talking about how much feed he is selling for chickens ( this is in Louisville, proper, big city).
Says that there are tons of people that are getting 6 chickens and keeping them in their backyards.
Apparently 6 is the limit you can keep inside the city limits.

I felt it was worth sharing, just for weirdness alone...LOL
But I also thought, "that guy sure did make an effort to be sure and tell me how many people are starting to keep chickens in the city" might be something I'm supposed to pass along.

So, here it is.......there has been a big uptick in the number of City Dwellers that are housing 6 chickens in their backyard.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP