Users Online Now: 2,330 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 2,013,159
Pageviews Today: 2,793,116Threads Today: 675Posts Today: 13,224
09:15 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject OK, I've gone ahead and done it... GLP has been...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message BLOCKED.

I know from other posts I've seen that it's not just me that has this issue. Nor just me that feels they need to take drastic action like this.

I've just added the LeechBlock Firefox plugin and have added GLP and a few other sites I frequent *way too often* as BANNED during my working hours... as I am continually getting distracted instead of getting my work done.

I'm looking forward to being far more productive and staying on task instead of pissing away my best work hours on reading news.

What's cool is it lets me set the hours between which I want to be blocked for, and lets me view those sites for a few minutes if I "absolutely must" (I have it set to allow me a whole 5 minutes every hour).

We'll see how this works. Almost seems worse than breaking a long-term smoking addiction. Hopefully that 5 minutes per hour will act like a nicotine patch for me and slowly wean me off my news addiction.

If anyone else is a self-admitted GLP addict that needs help weaning themselves off some... else risk losing your job/relationship... or just wanting to get more stuff done at work or at home... then here it is:

[link to addons.mozilla.org (secure)]

Let me know if it works for you. I'll keep you posted on if it helps me.

Hopefully, this won't be me tomorrow fighting off my GLP compulsion...

crazyjak
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP