Users Online Now: 2,121 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,004,839
Pageviews Today: 1,798,737Threads Today: 774Posts Today: 13,743
08:23 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject @_@ BREAKING: BLACK LAWYER GIVEN DEM NOMINATION OVER WHITE INCUMBENT || REASON: BLACKS WON'T VOTE WHITE @_@
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Black candidate chosen over white incumbent.
By Jim Faherty
Friday, August 27, 2010

In a process that became racially charged, the Alabama Democratic Executive Committee picked Elisabeth French to replace Kenya Marshall as the nominee for a Jefferson County judgeship.

Marshall was removed from the ballot after a client complained she had pilfered $30,000, and she surrendered her law license. Marshall -- who is black -- defeated a white incumbent, Judge Nikki Still. Still expressed interest in the nomination after Marshall's disqualification, but black activists and politicians, including state Rep. John Rogers (D-Birmingham), objected, arguing that black voters would not come to the polls in November if Marshall a white candidate took Marshall's place. [REST OF THE ARTICLE IS LINKED]

[link to www.960werc.com]

Is this acceptable?
I'm saying "Oh HELL no!"

My reasoning for this being a terrible decision: A lawyer who didn't run in the primary was award the nomination. The County Dem Party voted for the person with the next highest votes. It was the Executive Committee that gave the nomination to someone who wasn't even on the ballot.

And now for the obvious reason that my State needs a little help in the political department...
THEM'S BE RACIST IN THERE!

Now prove me wrong. Or prove me right.

PS. John Rogers Drive is the road that the Birmingham Race Course (dog track) is on.
PPS. Had to make the title..."loud". Seriously, who would have read it if it was "Racism in the South" or "Racial Tensions as Dems Pick Nominee" like the original title is.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP