Users Online Now: 1,339 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 212,408
Pageviews Today: 350,761Threads Today: 112Posts Today: 2,041
05:09 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Male egos, and strong, independant women...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I read a very nice post by a male on here a bit ago, talking about Male Egos, and how women today don't 'stroke' it enough, therfore, men don't ask women out.

I felt the need to add a side bar to his thread, because while he may be speaking for some men, there are others that need to be adressed.

I'm talking about the men that get intimidated/jealous of a strong, independant woman.
I've had the problem with pretty much every man I've ever been with....no matter how much I 'stroke their ego" to make them feel good.
They just can't handle a woman that makes more money than they do...or is blessed with a gift that generates income without having to slave away at a job you hate.
My independance is threatning to them....because I do not 'need' them.

Personally, this bums me out to no end.......because when I'm in love with someone, I want to 'shine' for them...so they can be proud to be my partner...be able to tell their friends 'Yeah, that's MY GIRL!"
I know that personally, I'd much rather want to be in someone's life that 'wanted' me there, not because they 'needed" me to be there.

Are there no men out there that can appreciate a smart, talented , attractive, independant woman out there these days?

Why should we have to "pretend' that we 'need' you?
Why isn't it good enough that we love you , and want you in our lives?
Why do you get all threatened when we 'succeed', and are shining for you, so you will be proud to have us on your arm?!
Do you really want some woman that depends on you for EVERYTHING?
Emotional fulfilment, financial support, emotional support?
Seems to me it would get old pretty quick having to be EVERYTHING to another person, have them lean on you for it all.

Because of these things, is why I really don't date anymore.
I'm sick of having to fight to be me, to be 'allowed' to create...
Sick of men that get pissed off and leave because I made more money in 4 days, than they did in a month...
Sick of men that get all upset, because I don't need them in my life, I just 'want' them to be in it...

A woman's life does not have to revolve around a man, and I'm sick and tired of having to tip-toe around their so easily bruised egos.
Partnerships should be an equal exchange of love,respect, and support for one another...not some competition, or some deadly game of having to constantly prop up your partner's ego, or it all comes crashing down.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP