Users Online Now: 2,145 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 389,749
Pageviews Today: 647,074Threads Today: 220Posts Today: 4,011
08:46 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Something I noticed while at the grocery store...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I had to go shopping yesterday...something I don't do often, because I hate to shop...LOL
While I was there I noticed something very telling about the 'state of affairs' people are in these days.

I've always shopped very thriftily, and used to be able to find great deals in the 'mark down bin' in the meat section.
There used to be awsome cuts of meat that I could get for half the price, bring them home and put them in the freezer for later.
With me living in a 'wealthy area' ...it was not unusual for me to find whoe legs of Lamb, or a nice standing rib roast in there...beautiful steaks and chops.

Not anymore.
The past couple of times I've been there...it has been like a 'fight' to try and even see what is left to pick over...so many people there looking thru it.
They aren't just taking the very nice cuts of meat...they are cleaning the sucker out!
I've never seen this happen in this area before.
I'm in an area where houses start at $500,000, and end up in the several million dollar mark.

When it starts showing up in areas like this...people slashing costs, and families 'cleaning out the mark down bin"...they are starting to hurt as much as 'the middle class' people are.
That dosen't bode well for our Economy .
These are the people that own the business' that hire other people to work for them.
Also professional types like Neuro Surgeons, top Attorney's, ect.
If these people fall hard like the middle class has...I don't think there is anything that can be done to pull the Country up out of this Depression that we've sunk into so deep.
Because these people are the last in line to fall, before the Giants do...they are sort of like 'mini giants', and they provide a lot of people with jobs, or jobs are supported by their spending .( like the lawn service people, the housekeepers, private schools, interior designers, furniture makers, ect.).

Anyone else notice something like this happening in their area lately?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP