Users Online Now: 2,037 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,603,631
Pageviews Today: 2,339,250Threads Today: 632Posts Today: 13,134
07:02 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Scariest Page on the Internet -- Aquaponics & Hydroponics NOW -- COLD<COLD<COLD
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.iceagenow.com]

Study this long list of record cold temps, snow, and precipitation worldwide for this year.

This is what the author of the site, Mr. Felix says, "I'm including extreme rainfall here because that's what causes
ice ages ... excess precipitation. If you want to know how much snow would fall if a rainstorm should change to snow, just add a zero. (One inch of rain - add a zero - will turn to 10 inches of snow.) Plus, rainfall has increased so dramatically that I'm only including accumulations of two inches or more."

some excerpts from the list:

June 18, 2010

"Frozen Crops in Idaho - Potato and alfalfa crops were severely damaged after a freezing wind swept through east Idaho early yesterday. Temperatures dropped to as low as 28 degrees, freezing the crops within minutes.

Rexburg Farmer Gary Summers said the crops were green and luscious the day before. Now they're black, limp and considerably damaged. Alfalfa crops were also damaged.

[link to www.localnews8.com]

Thanks to W. T. Sellers for this link

July 13, 2010

Five feet of snow for Wyoming - Emergency managers warned central Wyoming residents Sunday to prepare for more floods this week because of heavy snow falling in the Wind River Range. Snow totals could reach 5 feet at higher elevations.
[link to cbs4denver.com]
Thanks to Darell C. Phillips for this link

June 3, 2010

California snowpack 2 to 4 times normal - This is how ice ages begin ... more and more snow each winter.
See California snowpack 2 to 4 times normal

January 4, 2010

Iowa "a solid 30 degrees below normal" - "We're a solid 30 degrees below normal," said Jeff Johnson, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service.
[link to www.desmoinesregister.com]
Thanks to Stephanie Relfe for this link"

I am not scared for myself. I adapt, and I grew up in probably one of the coldest places on the earth. But, I can see how billions of other people will not adapt, or see this coming (well, we were mis-informed), or will not have the resources to be able to weather this change.

This will be extreme, an event, and a mess.

Aquaponics & hydroponics could help. Food sources, warmth, security, friends, and water sources are the first things I would secure.

I am going to dig a hole and stay warm. Peace, ya'll. I give it 2-5 years. We will in deep doo doo.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP