Users Online Now: 1,964 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 830,722
Pageviews Today: 1,471,245Threads Today: 622Posts Today: 10,874
04:56 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How to live off the government - without having a ton of children (Or even one child!)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Maybe if I brought it to the light then states would start to rethink these rules.

This may only be true in some states and not all of them, but I suggest if you would like to start changing it that you check out your state's welfare office rules and regulations.

It is all very simple actually. You don't work for 6 months. Then you sign up for Social Security. Then you sign up for welfare. Then you sign up for housing in your city. It could take awhile to get into a place. The problem here is that a lot of states have this rule for welfare where if you have applied for Social Security then they can not force you to get a job.

What happens when Social Security says you are not disabled? Well, first you do a reconsideration. (That takes up to 8 weeks to complete.) If they deny that then you go on to a Hearing...which can take up to 2 years to get a hearing date. After they deny that you go to an Appeals Council. Another 12 to 36 months to do that. And finally off to the Federal Court. Probably another year or so.

So, if your really NOT disabled and you stop after the hearing part and start all over again, you will be forever in the system, getting free housing, medical, food and money along the way.

How exactly do I know this? My neighbor does it. She lets the whole thing go through to a certain point and then just starts a whole new claim, but it allows her to stay on welfare forever, since the state can not force someone who is applying for Social Security to get a job.

I also know it because I had the same thing happen to me. The difference being that I got approved for social security after the very first reconsideration. (And I only had the reconsideration cause I didn't show up the first time for my psych meeting.) I actually moved to a new state in between and the new state said that I had to get a job. Once I filled for the reconsideration, they were not allowed to force me to get a job.

There is a huge difference between being disabled and getting social security and not being disabled and just using the system to your advantage. I think that if people apply for a reconsideration and get denied, people should have to go to the next level (Hearing) and if that is denied , the next level (Appeals Council) and if that is denied to the Federal Courts. And if the Federal Courts say you are not disabled, they can not apply again unless their medical history drastically changes. The problem is that they say that if you are denied for Social Security in the hearing phase that you can continue that claim to the next level and start a whole new claim!!

And I thought that the people living off welfare that have a dozen children is worse....not anymore. At least the government is supporting children. This though, is crazy.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP