Users Online Now: 2,828 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,179,586
Pageviews Today: 2,270,639Threads Today: 1,063Posts Today: 19,902
11:30 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Website, "Sorry Everybody", is now a book! An Apology to the World for the Re-election of George W. Bush
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This would be a GREAT book for bush to read. Lots of pictures in it.

link to www.godlikeproductions.com] alt='lmao'>

[link to www.hylaspublishing.com]

Sorry Everybody
An Apology to the World for the Re-election of George W. Bush
foreword by Ted Rall

An open letter of apology from America to the rest of the world.

Some of us - hopefully most of us - are trying to understand and appreciate the effect our recent election will have on you, the citizens of the rest of the world. As our so-called leaders redouble their efforts to screw you over, please remember that some of us - hopefully most of us - are truly, truly sorry. And we´ll say we´re sorry, even on the behalf of the ones who aren´t.

So writes James Zetlen, neuroscience student at University of Southern California and the mastermind behind sorryeverybody.com, the Web site that became the water cooler around which people gathered to share their collective grief about the results of the 2004 Presidential election.

The entries speak for themselves:

“49% of us didn’t vote for him.”

“Yo soy apesadumbrado, muy muy apesadumbrado!”

“I’m not sure how
or why it happened.
I thought our country was literate.
I’m rather ashamed of the 51%.
Honestly.
49% of us will fix it.”
-Baffled in Montana

“Half of Ohio is really, really sorry Don’t hate us.”

“EVERYBODY WE ARE SO SORRY!! IN MINNESOTA WE TRIED SO VERY HARD!”

About the Author

Twenty-year-old University of Southern California college student James Zetlen launched sorryeverybody.com on November 4, as an outlet for Americans to express their disappointment (and, sometimes, outrage) about the political situation in our country and how it will affect people around the world for the next four years. To date, more than 26,000 people have uploaded their thoughts, images,and opinions onto the site. Sorryeverybody.com has become a phenomenon, receiving more than 75 million hits each day from people around the world. After announcing the book project on the site, Zetlen reported receiving more than 700 comments in just a few hours.

The $14.95, 256-page sorry everybody: an apology to the world for the re-election of George W. Bush book will be in stores in time for the inauguration and will feature images that reflect the apologetic and frustrated feelings of many Americans after the election.

“I started this Web site because I wanted to apologize for not doing enough for the election and asked people to share their thoughts along with mine,” says Zetlen. “It was a way for Americans to release their frustration and to tell the world how truly sorry they were for the outcome of the election. The world needs to understand that there are people in America who donÕt like what our government is doing. And from the mail we’re receiving, there are people in the international community who appreciate this,” says Zetlen. Now readers will be able to flip through the pages of sorry everybody and read some of America’s reaction to what will likely go down in history as a landmark election.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP