Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The New Revelations: A Conversation with God
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I would like to share with you some of the knowledge and wisdom found in The New Revelations: A Conversation with God. (by Neale Donald Walsch)

On page 39, God states: "The purpose of this dialogue is to awaken people and to heal the world. That will both help and serve."

From page 47:

NDW: How can we ask the world to heal itself when organized religion -- the very institution that was meant to provide that healing -- does nothing but inflict more and more damage, open wider and wider the wound, spread further and further its righteous indignation, its non-acceptance, its utter disdain, its total intolerance?

GOD: Yet how can you blame religion if religions believe in a God who does exactly the same thing?

It is your understanding of God that is the main problem.
I will say again, so that you cannot miss it...the problem confronting humanity today is spiritual.
You do not understand who you are. You do not understand who God is. You do not understand that love is the basis of all life, nor can you comprehend a love that is unconditional.

You imagine that God is a small, petty, jealous deity who says to people bowed in prayer, "Sorry, it's my way or the highway. Your prayer I hear. Your prayer I don't, because you didn't do it right. You did not please me."

In this you turn me into a replica of the worst of humanity.

You claim that you are striving to be God-like in your lives...and if this is the God you are striving to be like, you have succeeded brilliantly.

You may thank organized religion for teaching you how.

According to The New Revelations, the following beliefs about God and life are fallacies that create crisis, violence, killing and war:

5 Fallacies About God

1) Humans believe that God needs something.

2) Humans believe that God can fail to get what He needs.

3) Humans believe that God has separated them from Him because they have not given Him what He needs.

4) Humans believe that God still needs what He needs so badly that God now requires them, from their separated position, to give it to Him.

5) Humans believe that God will destroy them if they do not meet His requirements.

5 Fallacies About Life

1) Human beings are separate from each other.

2) There is not enough of what human beings need to be happy.

3) To get the stuff of which there is not enough, human beings must compete with each other.

4) Some human beings are better than other human beings.

5) It is appropriate for human beings to resolve severe differences created by all the other fallacies by killing each other.

5 Steps To Peace

The New Revelations invites readers to take the Five Steps to Peace. In taking these steps, readers would:

1) Acknowledge that some of their old beliefs about God and about Life are no longer working.

2) Acknowledge that there is something they do not understand about God and about Life, the understanding of which will change everything.

3) Be willing for a new understanding of God and Life to now be brought forth, an understanding that could produce a new way of life on the earth.

4) Be courageous enough to explore and examine this new understanding, and, if it aligns with their inner truth and knowing, to enlarge their belief system to include it.

5) Live their lives as demonstrations of their highest and grandest beliefs, rather than as denials of them.

Nine New Revelations

The new revelations are contained in a series of nine statements that the book offers for readers to consider as they explore the possibility of changing their present beliefs about God and about Life.

These nine statements are:

1) God has never stopped communicating directly with human beings. God has been communicating with and through human beings from the beginning of time. God does so today.

2) Every human being is as special as every other human being who has ever lived, lives now, or ever will live. You are all messengers. Every one of you. You are carrying a message to life about life every day. Every hour. Every moment.

3) No path to God is more direct than any other path. No religion is the “one true religion”, no people are “the chosen people”, and no prophet is the “greatest prophet.”

4) God needs nothing. God requires nothing in order to be happy. God is happiness itself. Therefore, God requires nothing of anyone or anything in the universe.

5) God is not a singular Super Being, living somewhere in the Universe or outside of it, having the same emotional needs and subject to the same emotional turmoil as humans. That Which Is God cannot be hurt or damaged in any way, and so, has no need to seek revenge or impose punishment.

6) All things are One Thing. There is only One Thing, and all things are part of the One Thing That Is.

7) There is no such thing as Right and Wrong. There is only What Works and What Does Not Work, depending upon what it is that you seek to be, do or have.

8) You are not your body. Who you are is limitless and without end.

9) You cannot die, and you will never be condemned to eternal damnation.

I hope this information is helpful for others. There is much more contained within the book that will provide a clear understanding of all these messages, in their proper context.

[link to aboq.org]

I would highly recommend looking into acquiring a copy of this book, Amazon has it for $14, shipped.

[link to www.amazon.com]

Thank you for letting me share!

red_heart
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP