Users Online Now: 2,056 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 991,510
Pageviews Today: 1,771,976Threads Today: 761Posts Today: 13,506
08:05 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject POLICE STATE COMES TO PORTLAND, OR!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Thinking Outside the Box...8/25/05
Checkpoint on the Burnside Bridge
By Alex Ansary

The Police State Control Grid comes to Portland under the false pretext of protecting us from gangsters and drive by shootings. (Hmmmm. Sounds like a familiar strategy.) Anthony Hilder arrived in Portland on the evening of August 12th 2005 at 9pm, and we went to grab some food downtown. I have lived in this city my entire life an I have never seen anything like this.

As we ventured onto the Burnside Bridge heading west towards downtown, we found ourselves in gridlock and didnīt know why, until we got over to the West side. We discovered that we had entered a checkpoint. 20 motorcycles, flares, guns flashlights, cars, the lights, essentially the works, along with the police. Some were in black swat like uniforms. Now, what happened you ask? A mugging, a murder, a rape perhaps? maybe even an accident.

No, it really was a checkpoint. Not a typical Nazi Germany checkpoint that picked out Jews, but not far from the idea. And the idea I speak of is the targeting on the lower income bracket. As we passed the police, it became very clear what this was. This was a sting operation on those criminal negiligent people who dared to drive with expired tags. This was an attack on those outlaw citizens who, for whatever reason, didnīt have their papers in order. Papers. "LET ME SEE YOUR PAPERS!" (German Accent Emphasised.)

We parked, and Anthony and I walked up to where the action was, and the camera and mics were rolling. We caught about 20-30 minutes of footage of car after car being towed and taken away into the night for some minor infraction or imperfection on their paper work. THe traffic went back for at least a mile (that we could see) in both directions, to and from downtown Portland, Oregon. We crossed the line and began questioning the police. The first guy was very calm and just said no to our questions like, "is this our new police state?" and "does this tie in with the PATRIOT ACT?" Suddenly, we were rushed by other police yelling to get out of there, and talk to a P.I.O. Well, there was no P.I.O. available for comment, and we were not welcome there whatsoever.

We interviewed a couple of drivers who lost their transportation that night and they werenīt too upset about the whole thing. The two women laughing it off as if it were only a "minor inconvience." Neither were the homeless people who slept on the street outside the Portland Rescue Mission, across from the action. They just said it wasnīt any of their business. The volunteers at the Mission said the exact same thing. In fact, they laughed the whole thing off! On a side note, we were told constantly in the local media that police will be in full force this weekend to deal with the gang shootings downtown and that they will be there to protect us. The Oregonian reported the coming police state in Portland, Oregon, but made no mention of this event.

I have since come to find out, that this checkpoint has also been set up in or around the area of MLK and Killingsworth a month or so back. On a side note: I predict that these checkpoints will increase from here on out. There will probably be one every weekend or so, somewhere near downtown, at a different location each time. This will be hard to track with out media coverage from either the alternative media or mainstream media. Once again, we were told to expect police downtown in full force to deal with a "gang problem."

I would like to make something very clear. Yes, violence does happen. Shooting do and did happen as they will in the future. However, in this situation, they were not even on the block were the shootings had happened.

Understand this, Iīm not writing this from a rural area or suburban setting. I live right in the heart of what one was at one time, gangland. The problem has significantly gone away over the years. Second, I work at a restaurant 1/2 block to 2 blocks from the center of where this supposed "rabid crime wave" took place. Itīs a fairy tell. The streets of Portland are very safe, even in the drug infested parts, in comparison to the rest of the country. These attacks were random and rare. The local papers sensationalized local violence, so we get used to the get rich quick schemes designed by those who will profit from the crackdown on the poor. This checkpoint and car seizure had nothing to do with stopping terrorism or murder. At least on the surface, it was all about making a quick buck. Itīs simple, set up shop, do your business, and when youīre done, light a match, and set the house on fire. Destroy the evidence.

I spend a lot of time on my show discussing what is happening with the police state on the national level, that I sometimes miss the important developments at the local level. This is only becuase to truely understand whatīs really happening to our Nation and World, we need to look beyond our own fence lines, gaze across the unknown terrain, and become "weathermen." The storm is coming, and we need to know what direction the hurricane is blowing, and itīs not at terrorists or gangbangers.

This is a summary of what really bothers me about the Portland Police. They are clearly given free reign to kill. Thatīs it. End of story. When itīs time to go to court, they say they feared for their life and thatīs it. Iīm tired of people saying itīs not always like that. When murdering innocent victims who committed a traffic violation is considered OK, we are already living in a totalitarian state.

Second, now that the public has outraged against the use of deadly force, the Portland Police has simply adapted the policy of making sure that from June 1st, 2005 and onwards, all cops need to have tasers. Read the newspaper and my weekly reports above. Every week children are being tasered somewhere for "acting up." Seniors have also been assaulted. Several deaths have already occured. That proves that tasers are not harmless, which the police bureaus claim.

Third. Thanks to government/media oligarchy propaganda, the average American is still scared shitless. Homeland Security is roaming our lightrail system like wolves. They attacked a young hispanic teenager who "looked suspicious." Even that made the news, by like usual, the violent "take īer down, drag her out" mentality is condoned. Notice I said her. I am seeing an alarming tread in police brutality now focusing on our women and young girls.

This article will not cause any waves or uproar. The fact of the matter is that people have become desensitized through incrimental control spanning thousands of years. The system of control isnīt going away overnight. But that wonīt stop me from telling the truth in times of universal deceipt. Thank you George Orwell. Why does this have to happen in my city to get those around me to wake up to our new reality. Correct those who say that the police state is coming. Itīs already here. They just havenīt told you yet. Unfortuantely, most people donīt become to concerned until something happens to them or someone they love. Itīs not too different from the heroin addict who doesnīt get help, until he hits "his bottom." Well our bottom is coming...

What have really disturbed me about this story is the lack of alarm or concern. A cyclist said, "and some drivers driving without a valid license, Iīm happy, ONE LESS CAR!" This is a very dangerous and frightening attitude. I donīt have to imagine a scary future. Iīm living it. The viewpoint of "those people who drive donīt deserve rights," is pretty sick. I wonīt waste my time in this quick editorial on why freedom is important. If you took the time to watch my show or go to this site, chances are good that you understand that already.

I am not expressing ignorant hatred for all police officers, however the "good guys in blue" are an endanged species that get exterminated through their indocrination in training. My heart goes out the the military, police, and naive young adults for one reason: They know not what they do. They have not yet convieving of the idea that the MASTER/SLAVE relationship still exists and is expanding into new and unusual dimensions. Many of those engaging in the consolidation of all power on planet Earth are not aware that they are doing anything wrong. Theyīve bought the lie - hook, line and sinker. While they hallucinate that our greatest dager is non whites, poor whites, or terrorists, they completed bypass reality. The truth is our biggest threat as human beings IS our government.

I have seen no comments on indymedia before I posted a week after the fact, nor on the fear based network , FOX news. Great way for a visitor in the rose city to be greated. In the meantime, I have aired this footage twice on my local cable access tv show, Outside the Box. This footage is available right now. If anyone reading this makes documentaries that expose the police state America, I would like to see it used.

WELCOME TO THE NEW AMERICA!
Click Here to Post a Comment on Portland Indymedia
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP