Users Online Now: 1,983 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,086,432
Pageviews Today: 1,985,990Threads Today: 671Posts Today: 14,739
07:11 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Your help needed to pass FRAC Act and hold drilling companies accountable for water pollution - Tell Congress to Close the Halliburton Loophole!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message All you have to do is fill in your info & hit SEND. Personalize it if you can, even if you just change a few words or capitalize some of them.
It's good to add a sentence at the beginning. I started mine with "I want clean water" and I add more sentances in the letter.

Tell Congress to Close the Halliburton Loophole!

[link to secure3.convio.net (secure)]

In 1974, the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) was passed by Congress to make sure we have clean drinking water which is free from both natural and man-made contaminates. In 2005, the Bush/Cheney Energy Bill exempted natural gas drilling from the Safe Drinking Water Act. For each frack, 80 to 300 tons of chemicals may be used, though the Bush/Cheney Energy provision exempts companies from disclosing the chemicals used during hydraulic fracturing. This is now commonly referred to as the Halliburton Loophole.

A new bill, S.587, the Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals (FRAC) Act, was recently introduced in the Senate. It would amend the SDWA to repeal the exemption for hydraulic fracturing.

It is time to close the Halliburton Loophole. Please write to your Congressional representative and your senators today and ask them to support S.587 and require the disclosure of what chemicals are being used in fracking.

(Please personalize your message if you have the time!)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP