Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Sheriff's Deputy Shoots and Kills Family's Dog After They Call for Help
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Another story of a pussy cop who can't deal with a situation without resorting to deadly force, and a family stupid enough to call the police for their "help". Never call the police looking for "help" with a minor problem -- they do not exist to help the "civilians."

[link to www.postandcourier.com]

Fatal shooting of dog by deputy investigated
By Schuyler Kropf , David MacDougall

Thursday, June 2, 2011

JOHNS ISLAND -- Authorities are trying to unravel the case of a Charleston County sheriff's deputy who was called to assist a family last week, but ended up fatally shooting its dog.

"I lost my four-legged son," said E.L. Holst of Sonny Boy Lane, whose 5-year-old German shepherd, Jake, was killed by a single shot after the deputy reported that the animal lunged at him.

"We called them because we didn't want to lose an animal and it turned into a catastrophe," Holst said.

Family members contend that Jake was shot when he wasn't a threat, but was hunkered down holding his ground 10 feet away.

SNIP

"At approximately two feet, I had no choice but to discharge my service weapon to protect myself from being bitten by the K-9," Deputy Michael Buenting wrote in his incident report. "The K-9 received one wound to the top of the head and immediately fell to the ground."

SNIP

The incident unfolded May 25 after Gretchen Holst called the Sheriff's Office for help. The family had been having an ongoing problem with a neighboring family allowing its dog to get inside of the Holsts' electric fence.

SNIP

"While Mrs. Holst was moving forward to secure Jake, Deputy Buenting drew his pistol and fired a single shot into the head of the family's pet, killing it," Gruenloh's account said.

SNIP

An autopsy performed by the family's veterinarian found that Jake was shot in the top of the head, Gruenloh said. "Had the dog been advancing on the officer it is more likely that its head would have been up in an attacking position rather than down."

SNIP

"I think the officer used very poor judgment," E.L. Holst said. "I am heartbroken, devastated over what I've lost."
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP