Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject "BREAKING: Radioactive strontium detected 62 km from Fukushima plant"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I just went to the Japanese restraunt 1 hour ago and ordered my Radiation free food and asked for a cup of Hot Green Tea...and was told that this restraunt NO LONGER carries Green Tea!! WTF..A Japanese restraunt w/o Green Tea ...that is just like a President who Does Not Promise Change...Not a Reality! Anyways I was told it was due to the detection of Radioactive Strontium in the Tea.. What??

Just checked Kyodoo News and found this..

[link to english.kyodonews.jp]

And if you are like me and do not Know WTF Strontium is. Here is the Wikipedia explanation..

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

...and BTW..The human body absorbs strontium as if it were calcium. Due to the elements being sufficiently similar chemically, the stable forms of strontium might not pose a significant health threat—in fact, the levels found naturally may actually be beneficial (see below) -- but the radioactive 90Sr can lead to various bone disorders and diseases, including bone cancer. The strontium unit is used in measuring radioactivity from absorbed 90Sr.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP