Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Cops knocking on my door at 3am last night
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message A little backstory first:
I kind of live in the ghetto of Joliet, IL. The 4-unit apartment building I live in used to be a crack den, but most of the riffraff pretty much moved out right before my fiance and myself moved into an apartment here. The last of the riffraff just moved out 2 months ago, and that apartment got flipped and rented to a college student a few days ago. Another young couple lives hero with an infant, and the maintenance guy also lives here, and we talk pretty regularly. Only decent people live here now. Definitely the most improved place on the block!

Anyway, A few weeks ago my fiance's brother noticed a couple cops walking on foot one night a couple blocks down the road. We live in a ghetto area, and there is a lot of activity down these streets, so the cops do like to patrol this area. Plus the police station is 3-4 blocks away.

So Last Night:
My fiance and I are asleep in our bed, and I wake up to the sound of knocking on my kitchen door.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

At first I thought it was my brother and that maybe he forgot his key (he stays at my place most nights). But as I'm groggily heading towards the door, I see through the window that a flashlight was being shined around my front walkway, and then shining through my window looking in! So I go back around the corner and did NOT answer the door. Especially after our 4th amendment doesn't exist anymore, HELL NO!

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

At this point my fiance has woken up (our bedroom door is 5 feet from our kitchen door) and I've realized it's the police, so I tell him who it is. He tells me not to answer, because we both smoke weed and have at least an ounce in the apartment. But we don't sell it or do anything else illegal. So we're both sitting on the end of the bed wondering WHY THE FUCK the cops are knocking at our door at 3am!

We sit there for a couple more minutes listening to the "police" knock and now they're shining the light a bit more aggressively in the window. It's was about 3:10 when the cops left, they were knocking for a good 10 minutes.

After they finally left, we try to figure out WHY they could have been there. At 3am of all times? WTF? I called my brother in case he got arrested or something, he was fine.

Then we thought it was kind of funny that the police were not identifying themselves. Don't cops usually announce who they are through the door while knocking? They obviously didn't have a search warrant since they left without kicking the door in. There was also no squad car outside, it was 2 officers on foot. And WHY would a cop have business with me at 3am? Why not come at 7 or 8am during daylight?

But anyway, after they left we were tweaking ourselves out by thinking that maybe it wasn't really the cops? Maybe it was some robbers? But then I remembered I heard their walkie talkie and I was trying to listen to what was being said over the radio. I heard a conversation being held over the radio, but I couldn't make out what was being said.

So then we thought it had something to do with the New World Order and that maybe they were starting to do round ups! My fiance is a convicted felon. He is off parole and has done his time. He has turned his life around and strives to do right, so don't judge. He likes to do at least one good deed a day for someone.

But I KNOW they weren't knocking because of mistaken identity or something like that. My freaking business and first and last name is stuck to my car window.

I am just a bit freaked out right now.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP