Users Online Now: 2,029 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 428,259
Pageviews Today: 738,654Threads Today: 357Posts Today: 5,077
08:34 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject INSECT MIGRATION MAP: Where are Insects disappearing to? First epic combo breaker in the food chain/sign of the 4th world?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I had this saved somewhere in the fabric of the multi-verse.

Post your stories of disappearing insects here, have you seen a lot of missing fireflies? If you could mention what state/country you are in as well it would be helpful.

Some Native American tribes say that when the insects start to vanish we enter into the 4th world/the 4th world appears. What does that mean, can anyone elaborate?

-The question is not "Where are the insects?" but rather "Are they disappearing?" In New England where I have lived for 50 years, the answer is yes. Car windshields and grills are clean most of the summer. We used to have to vacuum moths and other insects from between the screens of our house windows.

Not now. Porch lights used to be surrounded by many varieties of interesting moths and we would love to look at the window screens and door screens to see these beautiful creatures. The hundreds of butterflies that used to fly like winged flowers in the meadows during my childhood are gone. Bird species are fast diminishing as well.

Last year I spoke to a young man who had driven coast to coast without having serious bug juice on his windshield. I have walked around parking lots inspecting cars (do this yourself) throughout the northeast and I see the same thing: Clean windshields, clean grills. This is very troubling.

Here in Dallas, TX my fruit trees and flowering shrubs are blooming, but there are no pollinators yet. There are no insects at all, that I have seen outside for several days, that I can remember. I am not sure if there is some poisoning here in Frisco, north of Dallas, or if there has just been a die back from the last warm spell hatching of insects, and the pollinators haven't come out yet for the spring.-

uhoh

EDIT TO ADD: Below is the Insect Migration Map I have been working on since last year. Please respond to this thread with any field report/your location and I will add it to the map!

[link to maps.google.com (secure)]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP