Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Book of Urantia = Biggest Crock of Bullshit I've Ever Read
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I don't think I have ever read a book more pretentious and linguistically convoluted than The Urantia Book. This is a book filled with unnecessary descriptive language, over use of adjectives, and drags on to the point of complete and utter boredom.

In contrast, the bible seems like a well written work compared to this amateurish endeavor at creating a new religion. For me, Urantia was a complete and utter fail. At least the bible was genuine in the fact that the men who wrote and compiled it likely believed much of what they wrote, even though they were wrong in many cases. Urantia on the other hand lacks any sense of the genuine. You can tell this book was made up from scratch, and it contains no useful information.

Are we to honestly believe that this book was divinely delivered? Give me a fucking break! There isn't one snippet of useful, enlightening, or astounding information contained in there. Granted, I didn't read the whole thing, only bits and pieces here in there. How the fuck can anyone actually read this entire mess?

Go ahead and prove me wrong if you disagree. Please provide some enlightening quotes if you think I am wrong.

One thing all religions have in common when ever I study them is they never fail to disappoint.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP