Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Laser pointers a crime? Really?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Looking for opinion here. Just read in the paper two people have been charged for shining a laser pointer at undercover cops. The cops were in a boat at night patrolling the river (the 'shiners' were on shore, so the distance was considerable). Apparently, the cops went to the hospital with "minor injuries", which of course I don't buy. These two now have a criminal record.

Now, I understand that lasers *can* cause eye damage, but these were consumer grade and the perps were at a distance. Could they not have just been told to smarten up? Instead of being charged with assault with a weapon? What bothers me most is that I feel charges never would have been laid had the 'victims' been civilians.

Am I overreacting? This story makes me mad. I used to play with a laser pointer when I was younger; should I turn myself in?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP