Users Online Now: 2,349 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,455,333
Pageviews Today: 2,102,779Threads Today: 582Posts Today: 11,408
05:03 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I've seen the movie Melancholia tonight - a bit dissapointing(?)...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Here in Europe, the movie is already at the cinemas - and I went to see it with my wife. Just in case you wonder what this movie is about, here's my review:

If you're looking for action, loads of special effects and unbelievable storylines, please rewatch 2012, Deep Impact or Armageddon. This movie is something different. Personally I don't really like the way it's been filmed. Quite a few shots are made like they were done a handheld cam; out of focus at times, shakey and wrong focusses.

It starts off with some sort of slow-motion of things to come. This took some time, about 15 minutes in total - far too long for my liking.

The movie itself is divided into two parts. First part is about one of the sisters, Justine. Justine suffers from Melancholia, a disease which you wouldn't wish your worst enemy would have. This part is all about the wedding - as seen in the previews, and I have to admit it's a weird wedding. It basically has all the ingredients of your worst nightmare wedding: too late at your own wedding party, argueing family and even the groom giving up and leaving the party as she shagged some stranger in the garden. Beautiful scenery as it's a castle-like area with some golf-course enclosed (not that they go golfing or something). No word is spoken about the oncoming doom, the arrival of Planet Melancholia.

Part two is about the other sister; Claire, her husband and son. By this time all the family have gone, and so is the personel of the castle. This is where the oncoming doom gets clear. The day of arrival gets closer and the planet does a fly-by. Here's where the "continuity-error" comes in as far as I'm concerned: Planet Melancholia does some sort of U-turn and eventually collides with earth.At this second part of the movie, there's absolutely nothing more than the four main caracters, stuck at the castle for their remaining days.

In a way it's a nice film, even though it's a lot more about family drama than about the eventual doom.
Please see it at the cinema, if only for the chair-rocking-bass ending cool2
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP