Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Imagining a Post-Mortem World
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message

Post-mortem fantasies (judgement by a deity, for example) are implants designed to prevent our being out of the control of the cultic group. There is no evidence for their reality. They have observable effects on human behavior (largely irrational), and can be countered by effective hypnotic techniques or a sufficiently long focus on counter-images or counter-indoctrinatory concepts.

Suddenly "becoming" an atheist or materialist-scientist, studying the popular expressions of this culture, the Skeptics, or their like, can have tremendously liberating repercussions. We may even find that, unloading all this shit from a repressive religious regime, we are now equipped to face life for a few more years (hopefully in service to nonhuman species or at least to ourselves) without all that Guilt Crap.

Also worthwhile is the intentional fantasizing of alternatives to the Nightmare Condemnation urged by these fanatics. I have, for example, imagined myself as being carried away by the shades as in the film "Ghost" (but without all the Orphic, Judeochristian horror), lofted on their shoulders in joy and revelry, a Child of the Darkness, carried down into the Wombful Underworld as Prince of the Daemons, crowned and conquering, a Hero for Terra. This has tremendously liberative counterbalances against the idiocy of the Bogey and His Punishment that the Western Book-Slaves have created in the minds of impressionable and perpetuated as a meme into the heart of existential angst.

While I still don't believe in all this post-mortem fantasizing, being a good Buddhic Satanist, I do find that, having some other comparable fantasy material allows me to categorize it all more easily than accepting some sort of Pascal Rap about how much better the choice is that I must make for the Yosemite Sam God than opting (like Bugs Bunny, my hero) against this phantasm.

I might just as well accept that I must make a choice for the God of Toasters or of Lemmings (here I come, ready or not, O' God of Lemming Suicides! Yippee!!).

One of the more formidable obstacles to suicide is the desire to go on living.

This would include attachment to loved ones, activities, places and/or entertainments which we would (presumably, some people have very weird ideas, like about the "afterlife") not wish to depart. I think lovers, children, sex, and wilderness are the most common attachments that keep people from ending their lives.

Lovers will become increasingly difficult to obtain in an era of continued compartmentalization and disease-fear. Children will eventually be restricted to those with licenses. And the wilderness will, unless we take steps to bring these liberties into reality sooner than later, mostly be inaccessible or completely obliterated.

Absent these factors, I think life will become drab and, outside the fantasy of media entertainment and the advertizers who will control those that view it, meaningless enough to inspire a great deal more to end their lives. Those with the capital will of course attempt to terraform other planets and recreate the relative Eden we have had until quite recently.

> people would accept suicide very casually. There
> would be TV commercials for franchised assisted-suicide-
> center chains (the "McDonald's of suicide"). (And
> then there are these fringe "anti-suicide cults"…)

But what about the sensualist-death cults? You see, that is what I, in my queer CoE involvement, want to see more of: consensual human sacrifice, necrophilia, bestiality, cannibalism, perhaps combining all of these things in a religious ritual (could even be Christian).

>> More likely: I'll check in to a motel, when I decide to
>> check out. Let the motel staff and the police take care
>> of finding the body, cleanup, etc., and just notify my
>> family.

>> The only drawback to that is that I think a
>> suicide in a semi-public place like a motel is more
>> likely to result in a newspaper story, which might be
>> embarrassing to the family.

> So why not go for a motel far, far away?

I did plan on going at least into the next county, 40-50 miles away, so it probably wouldn't make the local news. If I'm really adamant about keeping out of the headlines, I guess I ought to plan on doing it on August 18, the day after Clinton gives his blow-by-blow account of his blows.

Great plan—killing oneself in a foreign country is the same plan which I have now. And, if you die in a foreign country, without anything which can prove your identity, such as a passport, they authorities in said country will be very confused as to your place of origin, or even who you are—that is assuming they even find your body. And why don't you find someone near you who can send your already-written letter to your dad periodically, and that'll be no harm to your dad.

let me out wrote:
> I've come to the conclusion that I could disappear
> without leaving any trace other than a note like
> "Don't look for me anymore. I'm gone forever

The best way to disappear is to go to a faraway city, preferably in a Third-World country. If you're in the U.S., go to Mexico. No passport needed. Make sure to leave no paper trail. Don't make airline reservations. Just take a train to El Paso or San Diego, then cross the border on foot to Juarez or Tijuana.

Throw out any I.D. you have on you, then kill yourself. The authorities won't know who the hell you are, or even what country you're from. I suppose if it's a border town they'll assume you're American. No problem, go to Mexico City. You could be from anywhere.

They'll declare you a John Doe (or a Juan Doe, more accurately), bury you in an unmarked grave, and that's all. Then your shmuck relatives can ponder your disappearance forever.

> My problem is I haven't ever tried to commit suicide myself; how do you
> try an attempt? I'm a little afraid, but I'm not afraid of pain.
> I don't know how to try because of the survival instinct. I live at my
> parents' house, and they are rarely absent—only for a few hours at a time, never a day.

Personally, I tried once, and got very close, but chickened out. I lived with my parents back then and therefore went to a hotel and took an overdose, but that's where my nerves broke and I phoned an ambulance.

Getting away from the survival instinct isn't all that bad. All you need is very serious feeling of non-importance of everything, and after that, you probably will have no problems with committing suicide.

I personally avoided the trap by going to the hotel.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP