Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject GREEN CHILDREN That "Came Out Of Nowhere"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I remember reading about this when I was a kid.

The strange tale was told by two medevil chroniclers, Ralph of Coggeshall and William of Newburgh

One autumn during the reign of King Stephen (a.d.1135-54), some harvesters came upon two children, a boy and a girl, in a ditch. They were "clad in garments of a strange hue and unknown texture," but the most remarkable thing about them was their green skins. In his account, Ralph of Coggeshall added that nobody could understand their language. They were taken to the home of Sir Richard de Calne at Wilkes.

The boy died within a few weeks,the girl survived....

Accoding to her story, she and the boy had lived in a green, twilight world that they called St. Martins Land.Just before they were found, they had been transported from there in some kind of magical manner.

The estate at Wilkes certainly existed,and records show that there was a family named "de Calne" there in the 12th century. William of Newburgh freely admits that at first he refused to believe the tale: "I thought it ridiculous...until I was overwhelmed with the weight of so many and such credible witnesses"
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP