Users Online Now: 1,606 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,176,791
Pageviews Today: 2,134,560Threads Today: 758Posts Today: 14,856
10:47 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Is something going to happen in Chicago?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Last week I attended a graduate student presentation on mass evacuation planning. The DHS has been funding some research into controlling and planning mass evacuations, specifically from metropolitan Chicago. This isn't necessarily out of the ordinary, but I've witnessed a couple other things that make this too interesting to ignore.

Some observations:

-Recently I've witnessed the police conducting operations along the interstate. Twice I've seen them position one cruiser at every on-ramp for several miles. They weren't blocking anything, just sitting there. Are they practicing for a mass evacuation?

-The public alert system is being tested constantly. Just about every other night it happens during prime time TV.

Anyone else have some other observations or confirmation of these things, or am I just spending too much time on GLP?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP