Users Online Now: 2,359 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,881,317
Pageviews Today: 2,606,132Threads Today: 636Posts Today: 12,113
08:00 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject WHAT IS YOUR OPINION? - KARMA ABUSE VS THREAD ABUSE?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So it would seem to me that in an effort to get rid of abusive posts, you can report them for good karma points in return.

Which is great. I think you get like 2 karma points right?

This is public acknowledgement there are problems with abusive threads, whether it be race, religeon, sexuality anything..... and it is public reward for reporting such bad behavior. Also, these abusive threads when posted, are not necessarily anonymous, because you can look up the poster - along with past posts by member id at a minimum.

Now flip-side. Why is the same policing not happening for Karma?

Because, I am seeing what has happened, is the abusive posts have not gone away, they have just displaced into posting bad Karma on people. Which ---------- is actually a breeding ground for this ----- its better- because it is completely anonymous, there is no "looking anyone up", and when somebody says something abusive or mean as a bad karma vote, there is no "reporting abusive karma" like there is "reporting abusive thread". So nobody gets rewarded for reporting bad behavior, and guess what people can post bad karma and say very nasty things - even more nasty then in threads, because it is protected and completely anonymous.

AND if you want to get a bad karma removed? ha ha. you have to earn 10 karma points to get one bad karma removed. More reward for abusive behavior.

So reporting abusive threads, like I said, has not been minimized it has just been moved to a more personalized attack- and all the while being completely anonymous.

It seems to me, that the rules could stand to be changed a little bit. This behavior makes me reluctant to even post or even be a part of GLP.

I am all for if somebody tells me a thread sucks or something, but any personal abusive attacks should not be allowed.

just my 2 cents. and even as I say this, I know some of you will in turn....give me bad karma. That is just karma isnt it?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP