Users Online Now: 1,601 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 50,022
Pageviews Today: 69,214Threads Today: 44Posts Today: 338
12:34 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Ship With Special Equipment To Drill 3000 Feet Down Into Volitale Fukashima Fault - Get Ready!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message "The Chikyu will drill down 1 kilometer through the fault, and drop a string of temperature sensors down the hole. By tracking temperatures for one to three years — much longer than has been attempted before — researchers should be able to calculate the total amount of heat that was generated by the quake. That will provide them with the resistance forces felt in the fault during the slip, filling in a blank in models of earthquake dynamics. "This is a key missing ingredient," says Jean-Philippe Avouac, a geologist at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, who is not involved in the project."

[link to www.scientificamerican.com]

This fault is STILL experiencing aftershocks from the March quake according to some seismologists. If nothing else, it's still very active period. These people are going to drill down with a very large bit into the fault over 3000 feet. That vibration, slippage, intrusion, etc., in my opinion, can cause extreme havoc. I surely hope this will not cause another quake to occur. I think this is extremely dangerous and have a feeling they're going to seriously regret it!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP