Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject "MERRY CHRISTMAS" GLP--We Need a Little Christmas
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message

[link to www.youtube.com]

Because the governmnent, the media, religious groups and others are trying to eliminate Christmas, it has made many self-conscious.

Christmas with all its good cheer--family get-togethers, the delicious aroma of food cooking and baking, the music, the excitement of children, my brightly, cheerful lit neighborhood--can be a positive time for people living in such a negative world.

My son and I was enjoying a delicious Italian meal at a restaurant the other evening.
The waitress placed the receipt on the table and said "Happy Holidays" and started to walk away until she heard me say loud and clear, with a smile on my face, "Merry Christmas". She stopped, turned around and with a "beaming" smile herself she said, "Merry Christmas to you, too" and gave me a wink.

I will always say "Merry Christmas"

I was at my Post Office--I go there frequently and I'm friends with all the clerks, I even bring them cookies and little gifts--anyways, they wished me "Happy Holidays". They knew I was going to say "Merry Christmas" and when I did, they all said it back.

I was in line at a produce store the other day and in a joyful tone of voice I wished the clerk a "Merry Christmas" and wished the others waiting in line the very same thing. I heard a voice say, "I'm Jewish".
I turned around and the voice came from an elderly man, I said "Happy Chanukah", he smiled and said "Merry Christmas".

In fact, I just read that Israel's Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, wished American Christians a "Merry Christmas".

On Valentine's Day I say "Happy Valentine's Day".

On Easter I say "Happy Easter".

On Mother's Day I say, "Happy Mother's Day".

On Father's Day I say, "Happy Father's Day".

On the 4th of July I say, "Have a Happy 4th of July".

On Thanksgiving I say, "Have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving".

And on Christmas I say "Merry Christmas"

As a Christian, I don't care about the pagan origins, I don't care that it's not the right date--I will not allow the enemy to steal my joy.

Jesus WAS born.

I am joyous that this day was set aside to remind me of one of the greatest events in history--the birth of my Savior--His birthday, yet I was the one who received the gift along with many others--and you can too.

The Bible says that heaven is a free gift. “..... the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)

While we are still able to say it, use this thread and don't be afraid to say:
red_heart:mcs4:red_heart

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest; and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.” Luke 2:11-14
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP