Users Online Now: 1,416 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 218,355
Pageviews Today: 387,250Threads Today: 198Posts Today: 2,825
04:32 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Army soldier thread, things I been thinking about lately and why I'm glad it will all end soon (wall of text)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [Since I have some friends from work on here and such they can have a gander too.]

Here's the whole story on a couple different things:

1. 1SG [name removed] (previously a 1SG in the 1-506) completely lied to my 1SG at the time. 1SG [name removed] claimed to have "stripped of my rank" during my Article 15 proceeding for a missed appointment. That's an outright lie. Never happened. Even so much as the then BN CDR said "[name removed] I've never seen you in my office before so I'm giving you the benefit out of the doubt here Soldier. Straighten up and I'm giving you 14 days extra duty and 14 days restriction. We won't take any pay nor any rank. I think you can do better then this." After the Art 15 reading 1SG [name removed] told me "You're lucky it was me in there buster I would have taken your ass through the ringers." At that moment I remembered getting all tensed and wanted to throw the 1SG over the railing to the floor below. Just because. I mean it was a missed damn appointment. Seriously. WTF. However, when I deployed and learned from my 1SG, 1SG [name removed] that he had to take my rank because 1SG [name removed] told him he stripped away my rank when I got the Art. 15...it took all the restraint I had to not get pissed off...and I remained pissed off that entire week.

2. I personally managed hundreds of thousands of dollars of communications equipment for our company for more then 6 months. That's me, by myself, managing equipment, giving classes and ensuring the upkeep of the equipment including the monthly inventories with Command. All as a lower enlisted e3/e4. Even when I wasn't specifically signed for all the equipment...I still was in thought/theory because I was the only one in the commo office day in and day out. Now I'm back to being an E3 in the Army. Everyone still comes to me directly to task me out. They completely forget I have a sergeant again in charge of me. Then I'm expected to follow through with the bazillion orders because now *I HAVE KNOWLEDGE THE SHIT NEEDS TO GET DONE.* Well, here's my response "fuck off. I'm a private. I get paid to be a private. A private I shall be. Soon as I get the proper orders from the proper personnel then I will bat an eye to your requests."

3. The war with Iran. Well, it's sort of a guilty by tard thing for me. I have no doubt the "Big war" will happen and soon. I have no doubt it could escalate into a WW3. I have no doubt many, many US "interests" will probably get annihilated. Will I shed a tear? MAYBE. Depends on the person/circumstance. Will I do it because of US "interests" Oh hell no.

If you read all the above you realize I have nothing much to go on to "hate" or be "disgruntled" about since it's all mental shit. Talking to a counselor wouldn't fix anything (already did.) What's done is done. You played your cards and continue to. I'm just doing my job and going home at the end of the day. My interest in being the brightest and best communications soldier has completely dwindled. Nothing. I get disgusted to think I wanted to be a Communications Warrant Officer. In this Army? Oh hell no.

That, my friends, was what I have been thinknig about the last 6 months until my last ounce of caring went away. Rest assured, I will do my job...but that "care" is gone. Won't happen again. You fuck me once, your fault, you fuck me over twice, my fault.

[Transposed as an email and posting somewhere else but thought I'd maybe post it here for folks to chew on....]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP