Users Online Now: 2,221 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 689,206
Pageviews Today: 1,125,237Threads Today: 454Posts Today: 7,597
11:39 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Man Arrested, Has Guns Seized and Facing 7 years in prison after firing warning shot towards Burglar.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message February 22, 2012
A New Hampshire man is facing up to seven years in prison after he fired his handgun into the ground to stop a burglar who had just robbed his house and was in the process of crawling out a neighbor’s window.

Although no one was injured, Dennis Fleming was arrested for reckless conduct and is facing the same amount of time in prison as the burglar who robbed his and his neighbors house. To add even more insult to injury, Fleming’s firearm collection of seven rifles and a .38-caliber handgun were also confiscated by police.

Fleming told Fox News:

“I didn’t know it was illegal [to fire into the ground], but I had to make that guy realize I was serious,” Fleming said. “I’ve got a clean record. I really don’t want to be convicted.” “I have 14 grandchildren, I don’t want to be a felon and go to jail.”

What the hell is this country coming to when criminals have more rights than a homeowner? And what kind of message does this send to the criminals in New Hampshire?

In my opinion the police just gave every criminal in New Hampshire an open invitation to rob, steal and invade any home in the area, since homeowners seem to be prohibited from defending themselves.

[link to offgridsurvival.com]

Has this country reached peak retardation now? To the point where defending your person, property and neighborhood against theft, burglary and possible harm is now considered an offense punishable by up to seven years in a for profit run prison?

Seriously WTF?

Pin this shit and discuss.

damned
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP