Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Help With Building A Faraday Cage
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hello everyone.

Here is my interest and please feel free to ask questions. What I want is to build a Faraday Cage using tightly woven aluminum window screen mesh to keep all Radio Frequencies (1 MHz to 300+ GHz) out of this enclosure so that there is no RF signals entering or exiting the cage. What I would like to know is a few things. First is it possible to bring in power i.e. via a power bar power cable and a lan cable into this RF protected screen room without compromising (leakage) the room ? Secondly are there any places out there (online including) that I can purchase or download a design so that a general contractor can construct this enclosure. I need to construct a room, including a door of about 6' x 6' x 5' (L x W x H) which will house certain computerized items. Lastly will aluminum (window screen) mesh with spacing of a maximum 1 mm work for the entire frequency range ? This project is simply an experiment of mine and there is no other purpose of doing so. I also need to be able to disassemble the cage in the future in the event I decide to move out and move to a different house. Unfortunately I am not a contractor however I will give it a go in case I cannot find anyone who might be able to construct this room. Does anyone know of any architects or engineers that can layout the design in order to construct this room ? It does not matter where these professionals are located inside North America even though I am in Ottawa, Canada.

One final note does anyone know if the special paint that is mentioned on the net that keeps out RF Radiation actually works ? Would applying this paint be as effective as the above described enclosure in keeping out all RF signals ? Would it work as a compliment to the enclosure ?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Vm
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP