Users Online Now: 2,182 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,198,362
Pageviews Today: 2,001,084Threads Today: 825Posts Today: 14,299
07:16 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Westboro Baptist Church News: I'm Pretty Sure Fred Phelps is Dying...and trying to hide it from the media.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message To all and anyone interested in this matter:

While I do not have anything that might be called "iron clad" (Ie: direct inside information), I can predict with relative certainty that Phelps is about to either die, or cause a major shake up in the power structure of WBC.
There are several factors that bring me to this conclusion.

Firstly: Phelps's physical appearance has become notably more frail/thin since this time last year. His weight has fluctuated wildly throughout his life, but I find it dificult to believe that a man of 82 would be intentionally dieting off and on to the point of looking gaunt and frail.

Secondly: Phelps wore a large "cowboy hat" (Don't really know what else you could call it)in the last few videos he filmed of himself. While he has worn them out in public during pickets over the years, this is the first time he has (on seperate days no less) sat down at his desk and done a video in one. One reason, it is logical to assume, could be to hide dramatic hairloss. Hairloss may be caused by many things, cancer among them of course. I think it is of note that, while he probably couldn't hold services every weekend if he had cancer, many of his granddaughters are nurses and a few others work in various parts of the healthcare field. If he wanted to, I think it would be possible for him to treat the cancer himself at home without having to go to a hospital (Which would surely leak information like that about his health).

Third: Phelps has totally stopped his appearances on film in the past month or two. The reason could be anything...who knows? It is of note though that his sons are doing videos in his place.

Lastly: His "sermons" (which they put on thier website every week) are getting shorter and shorter...down from 45-60 minutes two years ago to 35 or so today (some are less than a half an hour). As far as I can tell, he still hasn't missed a Sunday since 1954 or whatever he regularly boasts, but he seems less loud, stumbles over his words more often, and often complains to his grandsons (mid-"sermon") that the room is too cold, and that whatever vent is on him needs to be turned off.

I am not posting this to encourage a "Death watch" or anything like that, I just think it will be interesting to see how the church handles this. What I am fairly sure of is that the death will come "As a theif in the night"...to use Fred's lingo. The public, in fact, might not find out until after he is cremated (they probably don't want a massive picket at the funeral, so I can't see them having him buried in a cemetery). The only way I could envision a massive rally at a Phelps funeral is if Fred's wife Margie dies first (possible any day really...she's coming up on 90 qick...she's several years older than Fred).
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP