Users Online Now: 1,210 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 346,925
Pageviews Today: 523,694Threads Today: 202Posts Today: 2,579
06:08 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I just left the Church (as an organisation) and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have lost belief in the christian concepts of god as a male patriarch and jesus as the saviour long long time ago. I don't think god wants to be worshiped as the big guy. That sounds too much like crappy human stuff of a wrecked psyche.

Since then, I replaced all that with a new belief: god is both, male and female. (S)He is the unity of those two opposites. Anything else doesn't make sense. If you think Jesus is the saviour, I got news for you: the saviour is a concept invented to keep the people inactive and dosile.

Enlightenment is the goal. And all the people hoping for a saviour are running down the cliffs because they don't even try to reach it.

As the logic conclusion, I left the roman-catholic church today. They even charged me 50 bucks for it... But the high feeling i have right now was totally worth it.

I know i will get bashed for saying this out loud, since GLP has become the mainbase for religious zealots, but I have no problem with that.

But before you bash me, keep this in mind:

I am no atheist, I still pray to the highest power: the all-creator of everything that exists. Don't you christians intend to do the same?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP