Users Online Now: 2,222 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,112,309
Pageviews Today: 1,857,292Threads Today: 764Posts Today: 13,361
06:09 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject DK Rises Symbolism While Fresh In My Mind...NO SPOILERS!! I swear. :)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Stuff that stuck out for me were..and make of it what you wish, it did go by so fast & was slightly buzzed when I saw it.

I enjoyed it as art, but was aware it could also be propaganda for whomever, I'm still deciding is Nolan is pro or anti elite control (whoever you want to label them as is up to you.)

This movie is obviously extremely deep in mythology, occult, & biblical symbolism, I will be re-watching it for sure just to catch everything.

One trailer before it was VERY interesting...It's about how brands end up possessing our minds or soul, I was like "YEP!!!!" the entire time, forgot what the F it was called though...Buzzed :P

Alrighty so on to the symbolism I noticed.......

* Someone mentions peeing in MASON jars (comparing Wayne to recluse Howard Hughes).
* Bane's Pit reminds me of the Imaginarium of Dr Parnasius, the place where he made a deal with the Devil.
* Catwoman eating an APPLE and saying something very interesting to a kid...
* PARK/NO PARKING signs overly prominant & emphasized. (Park At Phils)
* YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW used A LOT up unto a certain pivotal plot point.
* TONS of tarot card HANGED MAN symbolism (ropes), as in the previous Batman movie with the Joker hanging upside down.
* Watch the numbers on cars & street signs, watch the signs people have during the football scene. 233 (Skull and Bones) was on the highest seats for the football game, observe who is inside this area....
* It seems to be neither pro no anti gun, the statements made by some characters show this to me IMHO.
* Watch how the SUN is used, the actual SUN in some scenes & in the decorations.
* Also watch for X's in scenes.
* Pay attention to the quieter, one on one character conversation parts....I think Nolan might have had to put in excess explosions/noise/violence to appease the types who enjoy & expect this. I personally preferred the more character driven & emotion based scenes because it made
you feel more sucked into the story (Unlike Transformers)
* I FEEL a part within the first 30 mins or so, involving Dect. Blake investigating sewers, was oddly edited & feels like some parts were left out, even the audio is a slight wonky.

Your thoughts or additions?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP