Users Online Now: 1,808 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 346,384
Pageviews Today: 546,154Threads Today: 185Posts Today: 2,689
06:53 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Seattle Police Department One Of The 1st To Fly Drones (pdf link to SPD Operations Manual/Policies)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Not a lot of Information seems to be out there about this. Just a lot of links to local news stories around the country.
Just my assumption here, but I think the SPD Operations Manual would be what other public agencies would use as well.

The Seattle PD will be flying the Draganflyer X6-ES [link to www.draganfly.com] There is a small screen on the remote, so the operator can see live. Of course a down-link to record as well.

Seattle Police Dept Unmanned Aerial System Operations Manual
[link to spdblotter.seattle.gov]
pdf format and 14 pages long. Tons of info, and not all makes sense.

This one has me at a loss. Per FAA rules agencies (not just SPD) cannot fly drones during darkness. Then in the Seattle Police Dept Unmanned Aerial System Operations Manual, one can read a FLIR capable camera is used (pg6). What the hell?

Could not find a FAA link. But many news agencies report the FCC rules as follows:
Must be flown with a trained operator and spotter.
Keep under 400 feet.
Not be flown in darkness.
Not be flown over large crowds or people. (What the hell, again?)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP