Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Please Help Get This Petition Signed....Primatene Mist
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message For anyone who has been affected by the EPA's decision to ban the sale of Primatene Mist back in 2011......I'm humbly posting this petition for your consideration.

I've had bronchial asthma for about 21 years. For the past couple of decades I've relied very heavily on the use of Primatene Mist for TWO reasons. They are as follows.....

1.) Primatene Mist is VASTLY more affordable than prescription inhalers. To give you an idea.....my health insurance would not completely cover my asthma meds....the cost of a prescription inhaler was around $60 and the cost of the daily tablet I used to take for the prevention of attacks was also $60. The trip to the doc to get the prescription was $20, (co-pay).

OR - I could go to the store, buy a Primatene Mist inhaler for around $11.67 and a box of the tablets for $8.99....That's quite a savings for a family who struggles to get the light bill paid every month, as my family does. Primatene Mist has been a lifeline for me for many years - especially during the decade that I didn't have health insurance

2.) For me, Primatene Mist just works better than what the doc prescribes. I breathe much better using it. The prescription meds are much less effective for me. Also - Primatene products have never given me side effects. The prescription stuff is very harsh for me and - among other problems they cause, they tear up my stomach.

I don't imagine that I am alone in this. I know many people who don't have health insurance....who do have asthma or COPD, etc....

The EPA's decision to ban the sale of Primatene Mist, (while allowing the continued sale of other, prescription inhalers), is, to me, just another blow to people who have a genuine need and can't afford to get help any other way.

The EPA, apparrently, has forbidden the makers of Primatene Mist from selling off the rest of their product that is currently still sitting on their warehouse shelves.

The Makers of Primatene Mist have promised to donate the net proceeds of the sales to charity just to get the medicine off their shelves and back into the hands of people who really need it.

If this is something that you can relate to - or if you feel as I do, that people need to have options in treating their chronic illnesses, then I ask that you please read the petition and sign it.

Thanks for reading......

[link to www.primatene.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP