Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Sandy Hook: Portable morgue
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message One of the many absurdities of the Sandy Hook shooting is the use of what we are told is a portable morgue sent by the NY City Medical Examiners office(1)

Some people have suggested this is a DMORT portable morgue but a bit of research shows this to be untrue. The DMORT portable morgues are designed for major disasters and need to be housed inside a large building like an airport hangar(2)

[link to www.penncare.net]

Why was a portable morgue used?
This was not a major and over whelming disaster, with hundreds or even thousands of victims like an earthquake or a plane crash. It would seem to be insensitive to the victims to keep them at the crime scene for an extended period and to do the autopsies in a carpark rather than a proper venue like a hospital or state morgue, with no justification given.

Why would NY have a small portable morgue?
It seems unusual for a city like NY to have a small portable morgue like this, NY has ample morgues and ability to transport victims, so why would it have a small transportable morgue?

Was it actually a portable morgue?
In this CNN transcript(3) ME Carver is quoted as saying " It wasn't a tent. It was this magnificent thing. And it's sectional and it sticks together with Velcro and then they stake it to the ground and electricity and lights appear from the department of emergency management. And I think it came from the army but I'm not sure. I think it's these things that they use in to set up field hospitals very quickly, mobile hospitals." So is it a field hospital or a portable morgue? Having to stake it to the ground would suggest it is an army field hospial somewhat unsuited to NYC. In addition, why doesn't the ME seem to know exactly what it is?

Who approved it?
Looking at the above quote it is clear that ME Carver does not know what exactly it is, nor where it came from. He is the Chief Medical Examiner and has complete control over this crime scene, without a doubt he would have had to approve it yet he seems completely ignorant about where it came from.

(1) [link to www.nytimes.com]

Quote:
"The New York City medical examiner’s office sent a “portable morgue” to Newtown to help with the aftermath of the shootings, a spokeswoman, Ellen Borakove, confirmed late Friday."

(2) [link to www.ncjrs.gov (secure)]

Quote:
"The DMORT portable morgue requires a building for morgue operations. This guide lists potential disaster morgue sites capable of housing the DMORT morgue"

(3) [link to transcripts.cnn.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP