Users Online Now: 2,110 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,935,013
Pageviews Today: 2,859,078Threads Today: 780Posts Today: 16,250
11:17 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Are shock collars cruel containment? I need advice....
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have to ask this question.

My dog....or more accurately....my wife's dog... never goes out of the house without a leash. He is somewhat irritating as he will come and "huff" at me when he needs to go out. I work from home so I am always here. My neighbor....they have an "Invisible fence" system and a shock collar on their dog.

Their dog....his name is Ralston. Everytime I go outside and go to my storage building, he comes to say hello. He is a big dog....prob in the 50 to 70 pound range. He is gentle as a lamb. A beautiful red bone hound...he is a very friendly critter.

What I find disturbing is he will come to the edge of his "electric zone" and then press a bit further to get my attention. He will allow himself to be shocked to let me know he is there to say hello. I have seen him quiver and shake as he tries to get my attention. I will walk down onto their property...within his zone...so he is not being shocked. I find this....troubling. I am all for people living their lives as they see fit and I do not care what they do in their bedroom....but here is a weird situation. He is just a dog...but....I think he is my friend. He always comes to me when I go outside...If I ignore him, he will sit at the "border" and whine and whine until I go down and give him a little pat on the head and tell him he is a good boy.

is this wrong? Am I wrong? Is this none of my business? I am a Libertarian and I want everyone to be free....so I am confronted with an odd situation. Ralston is a good dog...a smart dog...and apparently...he thinks I am his buddy. I hate it when I go outside and he runs to the edge of "the border" an is shaking from being shocked....i find it disturbing...

Any solutions? I will never tell these people what to do on their own land...I am a Libertarian and they are free American citizens. This is one thing that I tried to logically write off and i decided he was their property and it was none of my business...but he is ...apparently...my buddy now...and I hate to see him suffer and shake when he is shocked...

suggestions?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP