Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Bought new luggage and it came with the TSA-approved universal locks
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I bought some new luggage ahead of my vacation this Summer and noticed something odd. On the luggage there was the normal combination lock and beside it a keyhole, but no keys were provided. After some reading I discovered the keys were in the hands of the TSA!

TSA-accepted Locks

A TSA-accepted luggage lock allows baggage screeners and security agents to open your suitcase for inspection using a universal master key. A number of manufacturers produce TSA-accepted locks, and they're sold under different brand names. The TSA requires the packaging to clearly state that the lock is accepted and recognized by the agency and may be opened by a TSA master key. When shopping for a TSA-accepted lock, look for the Travel Sentry or Safe Skies logo on the packaging. The Travel Sentry logo is a red diamond, and the Safe Skies mark is a red torch.

[link to traveltips.usatoday.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP