Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject LOU CROSSES THE LINE: SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER WANTS LOU DOBBS FIRED
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Remember the old saying... the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Anyone the southern poverty law center hates has GOT to be working on the side of the American people. I hate CNN so I haven't watched Lou Dobbs... but from now on I am going to make it a point to WATCH Lou Dobbs...

Show your support for Lou by tuning in to his show on CNN.

Southern Poverty Law Center / Monitoring Hate and Extremist Activity

LOU DOBBS' daily 'Broken Borders' CNN segment

By Heidi Beirich and Mark Potok

The Intelligence Project monitors hate groups and extremist activities throughout the U.S. And publishes the Center's award-winning Intelligence Report. Anti-immigration extremism is spreading around the country like a prairie fire. Fanning the flames are the NATIVISTS - hard-line anti-immigration activists whose worrying mixture of intolerant rhetoric, weapons, and conspiracy theories threatens to explode into violence. Their cause is championed on CNN by LOU DOBBS , who refuses to report on the mounting evidence of racism in the anti-immigration movement.

For more than two years now, LOU DOBBS has served up a populist approach to immigration on nightly segments of his newscast entitled "Broken Borders." He has relentlessly covered the issue, although hardly from a traditional news perspective -- DOBBS favors clamping down on illegal immigration, and his "reporting" never fails to make that clear. He has covered the same issues, and the same anti-immigration leaders, time after time after time.

In recent months, DOBBS has run countless upbeat reports on the "citizen border patrols" that have sprung up around the country since last April's Minuteman Project, a paramilitary effort to seal the Arizona border. But there's one thing LOU DOBBS won't do. No matter what others report about the movement, Dobbs has failed to present mounting and persistent evidence of anti-Hispanic racism in anti-immigration groups and citizen border patrols. It's not that DOBBS hasn't allowed a pro-immigration activist or two to complain about efforts like the Minuteman Project ("vigilantes," according to President Bush), or even that he has made racist statements on his show. What the anchorman has done is repeatedly decline to present the evidence that links these groups to racism, calling the very idea "mind-boggling." On his July 29 show, he called the ACLU and the Southern Poverty Law Center , which he said he liked in other ways, "despicable" and "reprehensible" for saying otherwise. Consider some of what DOBBS has failed to report, despite the fact that in almost every case these developments were reported widely elsewhere:

Read the rest of this article at the southern poverty law center website:
TAKE LOU DOBBS OFF THE AIR!! BOYCOTT AOL!!
[link to www.splcenter.org]
[link to www.axaol.com] * * * [link to www.bluelatinos.org]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP