Users Online Now: 2,317 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 2,050,877
Pageviews Today: 2,847,144Threads Today: 685Posts Today: 13,514
09:36 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Birth Of Original Nature (you don't exist)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message To see one's original nature means to experience the world as is without naming, without judgement. This is called the baby view. To become once again like a child. Freudian psychology calls this the oceanic feeling. The feeling of being one with the cosmic ocean.

What this means is experiencing the world as is, where the experiencer and the experiencing is no longer distinguished. The know-er and the known is one process. Because the feeling "I-ness" is nothing more than a hallucination. But you really think you exist, as that sort of a separate agent, experiencing the world, making decisions, and willing things. You think you exist so much that you'll even squint your eyes to see better, tighten your ears to hear better, and clench up muscles to concentrate better. As if doing any of that had anything to do with seeing or hearing better, or concentration.

This state of experience happens for example during meditation. Or it can happen spontaneously. During meditation one observe his thoughts, and asks himself, "who is it that is observing my thoughts?" And soon realizes the thinker of the thoughts was just another thought in an endless stream of thoughts. There is nothing you can do to experience this, because, you as a separate self doesn't exist as that sort of an agent who can control thoughts.

Now I'm not saying personality or ego is bad, they're very useful for navigating the world, but if that ego becomes a hang up, and it gets stuck not knowing what to do next. Sort of in an anxious manner, one must return to the original nature view of things. Once that is realized, the ego can once again be used easily and effortlessly.

So if you think you have a problem, you are the problem. Because you, as a separate self suffering, is only a convention.

Monk to Bodhidharma, "Master, can you pacify my mind?"
Bodhidharma, "Bring me your mind and I will pacify it for you."
Monk, "But master, when I look for my mind I can't find it."
Bodhidharma, "There, it's pacified!"
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP