Users Online Now: 2,117 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 699,358
Pageviews Today: 1,227,402Threads Today: 524Posts Today: 8,805
02:33 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Believe on the Lord JESUS CHRIST and You will BE SAVED...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message How To Be Saved

"Do not marvel that I have said to you, 'You must be born again.'" John 3:7

You must admit that you are a sinner

Like it or not, we were all born into sin.

"What then? Are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, 'There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are altogether become unprofitable; there is none that does good, no, not one." Romans 3:9-12

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." I John 1:8

"Behold, I was formed in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me." Psalm 51:5

(Because of Adam's disobedience in the garden of Eden, sin entered into the world.)

"For as by the disobedience of one man (Adam) many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One (Christ) shall many be made righteous." Romans 5:19

You must repent of your sins and put your faith in Jesus Christ

***any message of salvation that does not include repentance, is a lie from Satan**

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, 'Repent: for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.'" Matthew 4:17

"Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God, and saying, 'The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel.'"
Mark 1:14-15

"And they went out, and preached that men should repent." Mark 6:12

"'But, except you repent, you will all likewise perish.'" Luke 13:5

"Then Peter said to them, 'Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands all men every where to repent."
Acts 17:30

Confession of sins to God and confessing the Lordship of Jesus before man is important

"If you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart man believes to righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made to salvation." Romans 10:9-10

"Whoever therefore will confess Me before men, him will I also confess before My Father which is in heaven." Matthew 10:32

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I John 1:9

"He that covers his sins will not prosper: but whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy." Proverbs 28:13

Accept the the free gift of salvation by faith in the grace of God

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost." Titus 3:5

"Who saved us, and called us with a Holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the world began." II Timothy 1:9

"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." Romans 3:28

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." Galatians 2:16

The saved believer lives a lifestyle of faith

"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, 'The just shall live by faith.'" Galatians 3:11

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, 'The just shall live by faith.'" Romans 1:17

"Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, My soul shall have no pleasure in him." Hebrews 10:38

"Behold the proud heart; his soul is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith." Habakkuk 2:4

Though we are saved by grace, we must not try to use that as a license for sin

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer in it?" Romans 6:1-2

"But if while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves are also found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor." Galatians 2:17-18

"Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord KNOWS them that are His. And, Let every one that names the name of Christ depart from lawlessness." II Timothy 2:19

Beware of False teachers who would tell you that living a holy life isn't necessary

"For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ." Jude 1:4

"Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience." Ephesians 5:6

"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are they which take this way: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads to life, and few are they that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:13-15

"While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning." II Peter 2:19-20

Be baptized in water as soon as you are able

"He that believes and is baptized will be saved; but he that does not believe will be damned." Mark 16:16

"Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

"Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection."
Romans 6:3-5

(In baptism, we identify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.)

"Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also you are risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God, who has raised Him from the dead." Colossians 2:12

"There is also an antitype which now saves us, namely baptism (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:" I Peter 3:21

Be filled with the Holy Spirit

"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit." Ephesians 5:18

"And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry in the city of Jerusalem, until you are endued with power from on high." Luke 24:49

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, says He, you have heard of Me. For John truly baptized with water; but you will be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days from now." Acts 1:4-5

"And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Ghost.'" John 20:22

"He that believes on Me, as the scripture says, 'out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.' (But this spoke He of the Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified." John 7:38-39

Find a local assembly of believers to fellowship with

"And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." Hebrews 10:25

Live a holy life and watch for the LORD's soon return

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ." Titus 2:11-13

"And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming." I John 2:28

If you want to be saved, God will save you!

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me; and he that comes to Me I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." John 3:16-17

"Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear." Isaiah 59:1

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Acts 2:21

"For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:12-13
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP