Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Survival Advice
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message It never ceases to amaze me with all the prepper threads. So I figured I would make a new one.

First thing to survival is not supplies nor equipment. It is....

A PLAN

Without a plan you are screwed! You might get lucky and survive but it is much harder. You also need to have an idea of what you are planning for, it helps.

Two basic plans are...

SHELTER IN PLACE and GRAB N GO

I use a combination of the two personally.

My Shelter in place is enough food and water for two weeks. Basic tools, medical supplies, hygiene, weapons and ammo.

My Grab n Go - Three days of stuff I know I can use, rope, medical, tools, weapons and ammo, water purification, 3 days of food, radio and other supplies. All in one backpack I can grab and I know I am good for a minimum of 3 days.

My logic for this, you never know. I can shelter for awhile let things die down before I go mobile or I can leave in minimal amount of time.

As for supplies, remember these few things:

1. Take only what you can carry
2. Take only what you know how to use
3. Prep your items to your plan
4. Prep for your environment

I can go into more detail if you like, but these are the basics. Hope it helps and feel free to add.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP