Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject We the People - A Storm is Brewing
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Due to events taking place in our country I am frustrated as are many other people. Below you will find my thoughts on the situation. You may not agree with everything I have to say. That is ok; we do not have to agree on every issue. I am not attempting to have you agree with everything I say. My intention here is introspection and civil discourse.

The preamble of our constitution starts with We the People, not We the Democrats or We the Republicans. Instead of saying Republicans are stupid and need to be stopped or Democrats are ignorant and too emotional, all of us need to make an attempt to understand our differences and work on compromise. Stop the blame game. Neither side is faultless; all involved are complicit in the continuation of the downward spiral we are on as a country. All political parties and news media outlets are master manipulators that say what you want to hear, not what truly is and all of them have contributed to the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in. Our emotions are being toyed with and used against us and we are being divided as much or more now than any other time in our country’s history. These politicians, with help from the news media, want you to detest or hate someone that holds a different opinion than yourself. In this way it takes our focus off of an out of control central government that does not care about We the People. They do not care if the problems are fixed, if they did their egos would be put aside and real solutions would be created.

Our country was founded on some basic principles that all humans have unalienable rights and that we are all equal. That does not mean we all think, act and live the same way. Solutions to problems in one part of the country may not work or make any sense in another part of the country. The attempts by the political parties and their affiliates forcing their ideologies, without compromise, down the throats of people that do not agree are atrocious. We are a country full of diverse cultures and ideals that is spread over a vast geographic area. Trying to make 300+ million people over a 3 million square mile area all accept the same thoughts, concepts, and ideals, while pretending there are no differences between regions, cultures, and States is asinine. That utopia will never exist, cultural and geographical differences will not allow it. Some issues must be left for the individual regions or States to decide. Those individual regions or States know their area and culture best and what issues they need to deal with. The writers of our Constitution understood that otherwise they would not have written the tenth amendment.

It sickens me to see this great nation get torn apart over differences of opinion and ideals. Nobody is 100% correct about anything and we all have our faults. We all have ideas and opinions, some you will agree with and some you will not. These differences of opinion are what lead to great ideas, innovation, and solutions, when we work together and are willing to compromise. However, there are certain issues that we will never reach a compromise on due to the fact that it undermines deep seated cultural values and forces someone to change their way of life. No person or entity has the right to force their ideas or opinions on anyone else’s life, liberty or pursuit of happiness when it does not directly infringe on their life, no matter how much you may disagree with that person’s life choices. Your only option is to offer your advice and agree to disagree. In addition, we all need to understand there are certain issues that no amount of legislation will change. These are the issues that can only be fixed by proper education and must be left to personal choice, with no government oversight.

If We the People cannot figure out how to do this we will degrade from a civil society into chaos and ultimately civil war.

Thank you for your time.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP